Price Drop to $700, AMR 24 channel, 8 Buss Console

*Gear*ed towards individuals who are buying/selling - NOT a place for businesses to post their goods for sale.

Moderators: TapeOpLarry, tomb

nag hammadi
gettin' sounds

Price Drop to $700, AMR 24 channel, 8 Buss Console

Post by nag hammadi » Tue May 27, 2014 8:10 am

huge price drop to $700. don't worry, the "peavey" name has been hidden by stickers...

there is no way you will ever find a console with these features even for double my asking price. this is a bad ass console for the price of a strat. seriously....

this isn't your typical peavey. it is from the AMR division, and was their forray into pro consoles.

its is 100% modular, and EVERYTHING is balanced.

each of the 24 channels has nice clean mice pre's, inputs for mic, line, and tape, 4 band sweepable eq, phase, shelf, phantom, and pad. each channel has 2 sets of BALANCED send and returns (pre and post), 8 aux/fx sends, etc.

when using the line or tape ins, whichever source you are NOT monitoring is automatically routed to the 16 tape returns (which feature two band eq, panning, etc).

there are 8 aux/effects returns, two separate monitor outs, and 8 buss, and all sorts of crazy awesome routing. the meter bridge can be set for pre or post fader for each channel via a jumper.

pretty great console. external power supply included.

search the forums to see the love for these production series consoles. 24 main strips, 16 "secondary" strips (tape returns), 8 buss, 8 aux/effx send, 8 aux/efx returns, two BALANCED inserts per channel, etc... they are very awesome. i have it for sale on craiglist, but i am offering it here for $300 less...

this console has been in use at magnetic audio in birmingham for a couple years, and is currently in use and working great. before that, it was owned by john prine. it was used in the tracking room beneath oh boy records in nashville.

i use this for tracking and mixing with excellent results. in fact, if you want to hear it, check out Dan Sartain (one little indian)'s album DUDESBLOOD. this specific console recorded that whole record.

it is pretty heavy and large. it will not fit in your accord. $895 OBO, PRICE DROPPED TO $700

i can't really hear my solo, man

David of New Brighton
audio school graduate

Post by David of New Brighton » Tue May 27, 2014 1:32 pm

I apologize if I overlooked it, but where are you located? I'm assuming it's too big to ship if it's not Honda trunk material..

honkyjonk
dead but not forgotten

Post by honkyjonk » Tue May 27, 2014 2:55 pm

Hey,

I already got a console, but Im just bumping this 'cause it looks like a super sweet deal. Definitely has to be better than a Soundcraft or an Allen and Heath right?

Does it have transformers? Would be cool to see a channel strip. Don't sweat it though.

Somebody buy it!
Stilgar, we've got wormsign the likes of which God has never seen!

Orpheus
ass engineer

Post by Orpheus » Tue May 27, 2014 7:38 pm

The cost of shipping/freight is really bumming me out. I live in Toronto, and I had to pass on the Harrison that dude was selling due to the freight costs. I can only assume it costs about as much from wherever this one is located.
NAFTA, my ass. :(

Orpheus
ass engineer

Post by Orpheus » Tue May 27, 2014 7:38 pm

The cost of shipping/freight is really bumming me out. I live in Toronto, and I had to pass on the Harrison that dude was selling due to the freight costs. I can only assume it costs about as much from wherever this one is located.
NAFTA, my ass. :(

The Scum
moves faders with mind

Post by The Scum » Tue May 27, 2014 9:55 pm

I already got a console, but Im just bumping this 'cause it looks like a super sweet deal. Definitely has to be better than a Soundcraft or an Allen and Heath right?

Does it have transformers? Would be cool to see a channel strip. Don't sweat it though.
They're comparable with other mid-90's desks of the same age/pricepoint.

So in the ballpark of maybe a Soundcraft 6000. A step above the 600, T65/T24, and TAC/Amek stuff. No transformers or inductors, but no significant flaws, either. The aux/cue routing is maybe a notch above them. The biggest hangup is that the pointy "P" is still printed on it.

I think they were designed by John Roberts, who shows up on some forums periodically.
"What fer?"
"Cat fur, to make kitten britches."

nag hammadi
gettin' sounds

Post by nag hammadi » Wed May 28, 2014 12:06 pm

hey guys. its in birmingham, alabama.

it really is cool. i'm just trying to change things up a bit. i am getting a really good deal on a midas f-32. since it has pretty good converters and 32x32 firewire, i can get rid of my converters. and the press and eq's are pretty sweet, so i was able to sell the amel bc2 i was using for pres.

the (ahem) peavey is WAY more CONSOLE than the midas in terms of routing, groups, etc, and is really set up as a live board, so thats where i feel i am losing something.

it's just time to change stuff up.

someone really should buy this amr. i mean come on.

nag hammadi
gettin' sounds

Post by nag hammadi » Fri May 30, 2014 4:42 pm

bump

nag hammadi
gettin' sounds

Post by nag hammadi » Sun Jun 01, 2014 1:40 pm

bumpin