Studio sale - good stuff, cables, gear &etc

*Gear*ed towards individuals who are buying/selling - NOT a place for businesses to post their goods for sale.

Moderators: TapeOpLarry, tomb

Theo_Karon
takin' a dinner break

Studio sale - good stuff, cables, gear &etc

Post by Theo_Karon » Sat Oct 18, 2014 3:26 am

Hey all,

Going through the closet and trying to get some unused gear into good hands. I've checked out everything I'm listing here, and it's all in good shape and ready to rack and use. I'm setting prices well below the going rate because Tape Op is awesome and I dig this community. Hope people can get a good deal on this stuff and do something cool with it. Mic the floor tom with a broom thru a contact-mic'd cymbal into a compressor that used to be a vacuum cleaner, or whatever.

So prices are pretty firm, but if I'm being a moron about something feel free to let me know. I'm an old man, and I can't always keep up with all this new-age starry-eyed-acid-tripper computer shit.

Happy to ship anywhere in the US, Mexico or Canada, or for local pickup in Los Angeles. With shipping I'll charge a reasonable amount for materials to pack equipment in a safe and sturdy way to make sure it arrives in good shape, unless it's, like, cables, or something. I'll accept pretty much any form of payment as long as we can talk on the phone for a minute first - I've found that to be a better scam filter than anything electronic. Not that any of all y'all beautiful folks would ever even think of such a thing.

So!

-Neutrik 48-point TRS patchbay (7) $25/ea or $150 for all 7
Well maintained, cleaned regularly, everything works. Configurable full, half or non-normalled for each vertical set of patch points. These run about $80 new, and these ones are in really good shape.

-Lot of 6 Seismic Audio 3' and 5' TRS patch cables - $50
Six packs of these, eight per pack, all one-pair, individual cables. Un-opened, still in original packaging. Something like $250 worth of TRS patch cables, still basically new. These I haven't checked and they're still buried under a thing somewhere, but if anyone's interested in having a bunch of short TRS patch cables let me know and I'll get back to you with specifics. Don't want to sell individual packs, really not worth it. You can put one end in your ear and the other end in your nose and tell people we are the Borg, resistance (get it?) is futile - both lengths are sufficient for this application.

Aphex 106 'Easy Rider' compressor - 4 channel version, 1RU - $100
Some idiot is trying to sell one of these as 'vintage' on ebay right now for $316. The guy who always photographs his equipment for sale on a ceramic tile counter-top with potted plants, and prices everything like $200 more than it's worth. You know who I'm talking about, right? What an asshole. Anyhow. Good budget compressor. Great deal if you need four channels of okay compression really cheap. Does a cool thing when pushed, sometimes. Used it on a cello and almost threw up once, but then there was that other time when it made the snare drum go all BWAAAAAAOOONG and that was cool. 'Fast' or 'Slow,' whatever that means. YMMV. I'm slow.

-Alesis HD24 XR - EC2 converters, same as RADAR 24 - w/ Jim Williams mods and remote - $1,200
24 channels of fantastic conversion, in and out. Like a RADAR that's an idiot savant - stand-alone hard disk recorder that sounds fucking amazing but doesn't want to talk to anyone, especially your new mac. Not an interface. You have to trick your computer into talking to this box via some weird-ass software. But, it sounds amazing - RADAR 24 converters with all op-amps, caps and PSU upgraded by Jim. Sounds killer. This was the heart of my setup when I was still doing mostly tape - and fantastic in that application. Dump & forget, sounds as awesome coming out as it did going in. Minor rack rash, but otherwise incredibly clean. I have a bunch of hard drives and caddies, still need to sort them out, but I'll throw in 2 or 3 good sized HDs to sweeten the deal (see? I'm a gangster. I talk like a gangster. All of the time. While wearing sunglasses over my actual glasses.)

-Alesis HD24 and remote- $600
Same as above but all stock, and not EC2 converters. Read about it on the Internet. Sounds pretty okay, still way better than mbox &etc. As a stand-alone recorder hard to beat for the price, and rock solid - great for a live recording rig. I've been using these for years and I've never encountered a problem that took more than 30 seconds to resolve. In great shape, same as above, I'll throw in some HDs and caddies. Comes with remote, just like a TV. Doesn't support Netflix.

Alesis FirePort - $125
Not going to be interesting to anyone who doesn't own or want to buy an HD24. But a much more convenient way to get your computer to play nice with audio from the HD24. Instead of convincing your computer that the HD24 is a server and doing the ethernet thing. These are going for $200+ on the ebay. Computers are dumb, and they'll believe anything.

-Tascam DX-4D 4ch DBX NR unit (2) - $80/ea
Potted plant guy wants $236 for his. I don't get it. Worked great for my Tascam 38, way back when. Does what it's supposed to. Also does a cool thing to drums or anything with a pronounced transient and mid to fast decay, when misused. 80 bux.

-Philip Roth, Zuckerman Bound - $5
Fantastic collection of three short novellas. Thought I'd lost mine, ordered this one, and then found mine. Well worth reading.

Let me know!

PM here or email me- theo.karon at gee male daught comn.

Thanks!

-T
Everything is going to be OK.

https://www.theokaron.com/