Slingerland 70's Niles Badge Drums White Marine Pearl $650

*Gear*ed towards individuals who are buying/selling - NOT a place for businesses to post their goods for sale.

Moderators: TapeOpLarry, tomb

Sean Sullivan
moves faders with mind

Slingerland 70's Niles Badge Drums White Marine Pearl $650

Post by Sean Sullivan » Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:55 pm

For sale I have a beautiful 70's era Slingerland drum kit. 12" x 8", 13" x 9", 16" x 16", and 22" x 14". 3 ply shells, reinforcement rings, white marine pearl wrap. Niles badges. Purchased from original owner. Unfortunately, he misplaced the front bass drum hoop. I do have the original claws and tension rods as well as the Slingerland logo resonant head. Chrome and wrap are in amazing condition, slight flaking on the tom rail mount but rims are excellent. Each tom has complete internal muffling set up. No peeling on the wrap, no stains or scratches that I can find. Brand new Remo Ambassador top and bottom heads on the rack toms, new Remo Ambassador top head on floor tom, original resonant head on bottom. Original Slingerland batter head still on the bass drum, and I have the original Slingerland batter heads from the toms but they are in rough shape. $650 for everything, and I'll include the original Slingerland bass drum pedal it came with that needs a new leather chain (it's dried out and broken).

I did talk to Andy at Drum Maker here in Nashville and he said he can make a new maple bass drum hoop with chrome inlay for about $80...just FYI if you don't want to search eBay for a replacement.

Black spots on the inside of the bass drum are from an old foam pad used for muffling, unfortunately it was taped down inside the drum and left behind a little residual stain. Probably could be removed with wood cleaner or super fine sand paper.

Pick up in Nashville preferred.

Still waiting for a Luna reunion