FS-THE Soundtracs Topaz 32 console, custom wood meter bridge

*Gear*ed towards individuals who are buying/selling - NOT a place for businesses to post their goods for sale.

Moderators: TapeOpLarry, tomb

T-rex
dead but not forgotten

FS-THE Soundtracs Topaz 32 console, custom wood meter bridge

Post by T-rex » Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:21 am

So I am toying around with selling my Topaz, I love this thing to death but I am just not using it right now and I hate to see it collecting dust.

I am the second owner of this board. It is the board that was in the studio Garges started in I believe (please correct me if I am wrong) and I picked it up several years ago. After I picked it up I had the internal power supply completely rebuilt by The Soundtracs Guy and have been using it for a couple of years.

This board is in almost perfect shape. I decommissioned it about 6 months ago but every input on every channel worked perfectly at the time. There are only three things that are not 100%. One of the meter channels lags a little bit, I think channel 7 or 8. Channel 5 solo button works but the led is out and there are two little TRS "caps"missing from the back. But they are movable so unless you use all 64 channels and every input it' no issue. I noticed this morning a few line volume pots were crackly, but that's from sitting for 6 months with no activity. I don't believe there were any crackly pots anywhere when I last used it and a quick cleaning should be all it needs.

When I picked up the board it had a slight intermittent on the right main out channel. When I pulled the power supply out to send in for rebuilding I re-seated and cleaned all the ribbon connectors and it's been solid ever since. So technically a non-issue but I wanted to mention it.

I'll snap some updated pics later, but this is not the Miami vice console and the custom wood meter bridge makes it look really nice.

No shipping and I am located in Louisville Ky, so not really too close to most of you but I thought I should post it to Tape Op first cause if it weren't for the TOMB I would have never discovered it.

Looking for $500 for it's shape and meter bridge. I don't really need to sell, but would love to see it go to someone who's going to get some use out of it so I'm open to offers to see what's out there.

Thanks!
[Asked whether his shades are prescription or just to look cool]
Guy: Well, I am the drummer.

T-rex
dead but not forgotten

Post by T-rex » Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:19 pm

Sold!
[Asked whether his shades are prescription or just to look cool]
Guy: Well, I am the drummer.

monty marc
audio school

Post by monty marc » Tue Mar 10, 2015 7:42 am

Would it be possible for current or former owner to kindly post or send a photo of the cutomized wood meter bridge? I own a Topaz. perhaps I'd be more comfortable with it if it looked less cheap.

cgarges
zen recordist

Post by cgarges » Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:40 am

Indeed! That was the third attempt at shipping us one of those consoles that UPS made. They destroyed the first two. This one made it to Charlotte with minor cracks in the meter bridge. The studio owner had a friend that did nice woodworking and he had a few things built around that time including a fancy stand for our Alesis BRC, a matching meter bridge trim to replace the cracked plastic, and a console stand that housed the patchy, as well. It looked kind of Trident-like. I don't know that I have any really good photos of it, but I'll see what I can dig up.

Just out of curiosity, where did that console end up?

Chris Garges
Charlotte, NC