Tascam MS16 for sale or trade

*Gear*ed towards individuals who are buying/selling - NOT a place for businesses to post their goods for sale.

Moderators: TapeOpLarry, tomb

trodden
on a wing and a prayer

Tascam MS16 for sale or trade

Post by trodden » Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:31 am

I hate to do this? but I think I have to? and trying not to change my mind...

For sale, Tascam MS-16, 16-Track Recorder. This is a 1" tape machine, runs at 15 i.p.s. that I've had for 5 years now. I had it serviced, calibrated, aligned, biased and all that fun stuff back in August/September of 2010 for the currently available 1" tape from ATR. Sadly, ATR didn't get their slitting in the tape manufacturing process down until a couple years ago so I really didn't start using it regularly until 2012. So there's still plenty of miles to go on this tank. The erase, record/sync, and repro heads still have plenty of life on them. Unit includes remote and the DBX Noise Reduction Units for all 16 channels.. I never used the DBX because, well.. I like tape hiss and would eventually run the tape tracks into pro tools and would edit any unnecessary hiss out at that point. Also included is an EXTRA/SPARE amplifier unit which contains another set of spare VU meters as well as another set of the individual cards for each tape channel. This is an awesome additional piece of to have, making the upkeep of these units much easier and less costly down the road.

The last couple years I mostly ran drum mics (kick in/out, snare top/bottom, toms, and overheads) as well as bass guitar mics into this deck and grab the recorded signal off the repro head right into Pro Tools along with the rest of the band going straight to computer. Once you figure out how to set up your session and how much to shift the tracks that are off of the repro head, you're golden.

Also included is a newish reel of ATR 1" tape (I've had it less than a year and have used it only for a couple projects) as well as two reels of Quantegy GP9 which was what I was using 10-12 years ago. Those reels are still holding up as well. Also comes with a huge manual with all schematics, a head demagnetizer, head and rubber cleaner, and some splicing tape and don't forget the EXTRA/ADDITIONAL amplifier unit for spare parts needs. The only issue I'm aware of at the moment is cosmetic. Scratches over the names of a few buttons which I've relabeled (shown in picture).

SALE PENDING

Images here.

http://s1345.photobucket.com/user/trodd ... cam%20MS16

russramler
audio school

Re: Tascam MS16 for sale or trade

Post by russramler » Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:07 pm

FIRST OFF , ARE YOU IN U.S.A. ?
SECONDLY DO YOU WANT TO SELL THE CS-63
ROLL-AROUND-CART ( IF IT'S IN ONE ) ?

Thank You,

~ russ