Otari MX5050Bii w/ extras! - FULLY RESTORED

*Gear*ed towards individuals who are buying/selling - NOT a place for businesses to post their goods for sale.

Moderators: TapeOpLarry, tomb

CustomRecordingCo.
ass engineer

Otari MX5050Bii w/ extras! - FULLY RESTORED

Post by CustomRecordingCo. » Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:47 am

I have an Otari MX5050Bii that's been restored and aligned and is ready to cut some great records!

Up until recently, I've been using it for mix downs of certain projects. My studio is primarily a 50's - 60's vintage recording studio so this machine doesn't see much use. I just bought an Ampex 354, and no longer have a need for multiple stereo mix down decks.

This Otari is in GREAT mechanical shape. In preparation for selling, I've done the following things to it -

-Taken apart the pinch roller pivot arm, cleaned and lubricated it
-Installed and new pinch roller
-Installed new VU meter lights
-Cleaned every square inch of the machine
-cleaned and demagged the tape path
-aligned the machine to factory specs - it sounds brand new

I've also printed a copy of the alignment procedure and will include that in a binder to the buyer. The heads are in great shape with plenty of life left in them. Over all, the machine is in great shape. It has a few paint scrapes here and there from being used in a professional environment. This machine has never "sat" in a closet or basement. It's always been in service (I bought it from the original owner - a radio station). It's always been maintained.

In addition to the machine, you'll get a really nice metal rack to house it in, the hubs, a take up reel, and 2 reels of new tape (one is brand new and sealed, the other was opened to align the machine.)

I'm asking half of what restored machines typically sell for on Ebay. I need the cash quick for more gear purchases! :)

Looking for $600 for this machine which includes all the extras. I guarantee you won't find a better deal anywhere else!

Located near Chicago.

Let me know if you have any questions! I'm happy to answer questions or snap some detailed pictures for you.

Image[/img]

Image[/img]

Image[/img]

CustomRecordingCo.
ass engineer

Post by CustomRecordingCo. » Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:12 pm

bump

joninc
dead but not forgotten

Post by joninc » Mon Mar 02, 2015 6:50 pm

bump for a cool deck with 2 transformer balanced mic pres in it!
the new rules : there are no rules