FS: Sony APR-5003V and Scully 280 Mono Tape Machines

*Gear*ed towards individuals who are buying/selling - NOT a place for businesses to post their goods for sale.

Moderators: TapeOpLarry, tomb

thecongostudio
steve albini likes it

FS: Sony APR-5003V and Scully 280 Mono Tape Machines

Post by thecongostudio » Tue Mar 24, 2015 2:01 pm

Both of these tape decks have been well taken care of while they have been in my possession. They function well but will most likely need to be rebiased and checked over before use in your studio. I'm rarely recording these days and they are taking up room in my studio.

Sony APR-5003V 1/4" 2 track with center SMPTE- $750
I purchased this machine from a post-production facility in Minnesota in the early 00's with less than 400 hours on it. Since then, I've put less than 400 hours on it myself. The heads have tons of life left and look great. Included is the original owners/service manual. The power supply was recapped and the machine was totally checked out about 3 years ago. I used the deck primarily for various effects and mixdown. The varispeed on this unit is incredibly powerful for archiving and restoration work. It also can remember up to 3 different tape formulations making bias a breeze. It has the rolling stand as well....

Scully 280 Mono 1/4"- $400
I've owned this reel to reel for a few years and it has seen very light use. This machine has the germanium preamp that is super sought after these days. It sounds absolutely awesome for slapback. The original owner added a second headstack for another delay point which is a neat feature. When I took off the headstack cover for the first time, the heads were apparently relapped by JRF sometime in the recent past. Excellent sounding deck for your mono Beach Boys mixdowns...

Please make me an offer on both. Will supply photos to interested parties.
Not particularly interested in trades but if you've got an analog synth or some cool outboard gear, I could certainly be interested...

The decks will need to be picked up at my studio in central MA. I'm 30 miles west of Boston and about 3 hours drive time from NYC.

Please PM with any questions!
Thanks!
Last edited by thecongostudio on Sun Mar 29, 2015 6:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

thecongostudio
steve albini likes it

Post by thecongostudio » Sun Mar 29, 2015 6:09 am

Make me an offer...

thecongostudio
steve albini likes it

Post by thecongostudio » Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:48 am

Bump time!