Sell me your pm2000 32 channel console. Who has one?

*Gear*ed towards individuals who are buying/selling - NOT a place for businesses to post their goods for sale.

Moderators: TapeOpLarry, tomb

joshuachimpanzee
audio school

Sell me your pm2000 32 channel console. Who has one?

Post by joshuachimpanzee » Sat Apr 04, 2015 3:07 pm

Anybody selling one of these. Would love to buy it from you!

Joshuahahn88@gmail.com
Last edited by joshuachimpanzee on Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
poor man's API

idylldon
pushin' record

Post by idylldon » Sat Apr 04, 2015 3:12 pm

This is one of the best ones out there:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Yamaha-PM-2000- ... rmvSB=true

It used to belong to Fletcher at Mercenary Audio.

Not affiliated with the seller in any way. Just noticed it listed on GS and thought I'd pass along the info.

Cheers,
--
Don

honkyjonk
dead but not forgotten

Post by honkyjonk » Sat Apr 04, 2015 8:40 pm

Jeeeeez. He'll probably get that much, you watch. Somebody on gearslutz will be all slobbering over it and have the cash to just go for it I bet. What a salesman. When you weigh the amount of time it takes to learn to solder (a few hours at the most?)
vs. the amount of time it takes to make $12,000 to pay for some custom patch bay job, well, what would you do mister? Anyway, what part of that $18000 dollars goes toward a $12000 dollar patchbay? Not worth it . . .

They are pretty slamming boards. I got mine for $600 and a yamaha acoustic guitar. I had to drive from Portland to Reno in a mad dash to get it and it was a total hairball. But I've since done some modifying, especially the eq's. Those JLM mods are nice. Ended up sourcing some parts and doing up my own ragtag eq boards after buying a couple though. Shhhh. I even ended up adding an API clone summing buss, but the original program busses are pretty rad sounding even so. I just preferred them on a rocking thing lately. The headroom is indeed greater on those stock Yammy program mix buss channels than the API summing buss I installed (with it's own power supply, oy)

Eq's are the best modification I've found so far. The original eq's need a lot of help, as in other eq's to perform duties they can't do because the bands are too narrow. Speaking of the mids there.

Constantly recording in basements, attics and other small room, space shuttle, crappy acoustic scenarios has mad me realize how important the eq on the mixing board is.
I guess if you're using digital eq's all the time which I frikkin hate, then this might not be a big determining factor, but stock, the PM2000's eq's aren't great. Like, most of the cool/okay Soundcrafts are probably better. But the PM2K is pretty slamming. It can sound heavy. It is heavy.

I don't like the faders much, but that may be because mine was so hairy and I had to open up all the faders and clean them each out. I even put the parts in the dishwasher, but I think it swelled up the little plastic o ring that slides down the pole while the carbon element or whatever the active thing is called, does it's travel. Anyway, then I had to drill that plastic o ring thing JUST a wee bit and then lube it up real good and still there are a number of faders that are annoying in their travel.

Pretty slammin though
Stilgar, we've got wormsign the likes of which God has never seen!

joshuachimpanzee
audio school

Post by joshuachimpanzee » Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:22 pm

Bump
poor man's API

jspartz
buyin' gear

Post by jspartz » Sun Apr 12, 2015 6:29 am

Great sounding boards. I swapped out the output block opamps with some John Hardy's and love it.

joshuachimpanzee
audio school

Post by joshuachimpanzee » Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:18 am

Bump
poor man's API