Selling Vintage Yamaha PM2000 8x32x8, HEAVILY MODIFIED

*Gear*ed towards individuals who are buying/selling - NOT a place for businesses to post their goods for sale.

Moderators: TapeOpLarry, tomb

CaryMiller
audio school

Selling Vintage Yamaha PM2000 8x32x8, HEAVILY MODIFIED

Post by CaryMiller » Wed May 20, 2015 4:13 pm

http://www.ebay.com/itm/151688229391?ss ... 1586.l2649

This is a link to my Ebay listing for my Yamaha PM2000 32 channel console. It is extremely similar to a vintage API 1604 in tonality due to it's components, but also has some similarities to vintage 80's series Neve consoles due ot modifications. Each channel has cinemag transformers in the Preamp and Fader stages, and 4 Band EQ. The first 12 EQ's are modified with INDUCTORS and sound similar to Neve 1081 EQ's in tone / Q shape. The remaining 20 EQ's still have the stock Gyrators and feel closer to API 550B EQ's. All four bands are Sweepable with a Bypassable HI PASS FILTER. The Inductor mods were provided by JLM audio, and upgrading the rest of the 20 remaining EQ's would cost you around $1,050 in parts USD. All 32 channels have 1/4" inserts for outboard, 4 Mono FX sends which can be panned an paired off into two stereo FX sends...as well as an additional fixed stereo FX send. The console comes with an external 2Bus designed by Dave Hecht (TAB FUNKENWERK), Fred Forsell (FORSELL TECHNOLOGIES), and Fletcher (MERCENARY AUDIO/SOUND PURE) The volt railing has been modified to +24v / -24v like a vintage Neve 80's series, and paried with a military grade Acopian PSU (that comes with a 16U mobile ATA rack.) This increased voltage, new PSU, and new 2Bus section have more headroom than any API console ever manufactured. All 32 channels have been modified so that the Que button routes to the new 2Bus. The console also comes with 10 additional channel strips which have been modified the same way in order to route to the 2Bus. However they do NOT have the INDUCTOR mod. Some additional master section parts, a custom rack cut to the fit alongside the console...9 TT patch bays and closer to what would cost $12,000 in Canare and Mogami wiring are included with this console. Along with a wooden desk cut to support it's weight (375lbs.) Shipping is included for buyers in the U.S.A. However international shipping charges will have to made in order to cover the costs of transportation. However D.B. Shenker, which handles international freighting for APPLE products will be used to arrange international shipping. I have left things open for people to make offers and haggle...so please feel free to contact me and ask me anything. Or call: (908) 472 0123 - Cary. :D