FS: London, UK: Tascam 246 4 Track cassette multitrack

*Gear*ed towards individuals who are buying/selling - NOT a place for businesses to post their goods for sale.

Moderators: TapeOpLarry, tomb

tommygoldy
audio school

FS: London, UK: Tascam 246 4 Track cassette multitrack

Post by tommygoldy » Fri May 29, 2015 4:25 am

I said I'd never sell it, but times change. This is a great sounding machine. I bought it about 15 years ago in near mint condition. I've not used it heavily, but it's always been a pleasure!

The Tascam 246 is widely regarded as the king of the Porta Studios. I've made commercial recordings on it - you can hear that it's tape, but you'd never guess it was cassette! I'm also a big fan of the built in pres and mixer - 6 channels each handy swept 2 band eq, inserts etc.

Was serviced in 2011 with new drive belts - I have the receipt. Since then it's had very little use. Minor damage to plastic parts but functionally excellent with virtually no head wear. Capstan rubber is good too.

Good luck finding a better one. I'm currently listing it for collection only from North London, asking ?250 cash. I've got a stash of Maxell XLII chrome tapes here too (the best for these machines, IMO) which I am willing to negotiate on if you need tape.