Federal AM-864/U Tube Limiter *SOLD*

*Gear*ed towards individuals who are buying/selling - NOT a place for businesses to post their goods for sale.

Moderators: TapeOpLarry, tomb

Shawn Simmons
buyin' a studio

Federal AM-864/U Tube Limiter *SOLD*

Post by Shawn Simmons » Sat Jan 16, 2016 10:23 pm

For Sale: Federal AM-864/U Tube Limiter. Really hate to sell this. Sounds amazing on drums, bass, and vocals. I bought this from Chris Garges years ago. He had it modded to move all the controls to the front of the unit. The meter sticks every now and then if you're really digging into it but other than that, it's rock solid. This is an old vintage unit. It's in good shape for it's age though. I have pics if you want to see them. PM me if interested.

**I'll include a copy of the original manual with the instructions on how to destroy it if the unit were to fall into enemy hands**

Paypal only. Buyer pays shipping and fees.

$2000 **SOLD**
Last edited by Shawn Simmons on Sun Apr 03, 2016 5:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Shawn Simmons
buyin' a studio

Post by Shawn Simmons » Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:19 am

Price Drop!

cgarges
zen recordist

Post by cgarges » Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:34 am

I was trying to remember who that other one went to! I finally moved one of my other ones into the rack at the studio (so I now have two on the control room and one additional that can "float" for traveling sessions). I still love these things and they get used all the time. Nothing makes a vocal, bass, or a guitar solo jump to the front of the speakers like this thing will. And Shawn's already has the mods you'll want to get to make it do what you need. Shawn's a great guy with a terrific track record on here. If you're interested, have no fear buying from him on here.

Chris Garges
Charlotte, NC

Shawn Simmons
buyin' a studio

Post by Shawn Simmons » Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:52 am

Thanks Chris!!

Shawn Simmons
buyin' a studio

Post by Shawn Simmons » Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:24 am

BUMP