Custom made bass drum mic for sale...Subkick

*Gear*ed towards individuals who are buying/selling - NOT a place for businesses to post their goods for sale.

Moderators: TapeOpLarry, tomb

tonewoods
buyin' a studio

Custom made bass drum mic for sale...Subkick

Post by tonewoods » Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:52 am

Hi all...
I'm doing a major liquidation, and here's something I picked up on these pages quite a few years ago...
Here's the description from the original post by the maker:

"Here I have my custom made Engine Ears brand bass drum mic for sale. Each and every Engine Ears audio product is a one off piece of functional art...as beautiful visually as they are sonically. Great for live or studio, this is MUCH more affordable than a $400 Yamaha subkick. It is great-sounding too without being overly muddy like the Yamaha version yet lots of attack so you needn't use an in drum mic. Unit features piano black glossy finish, and robust stand. YOU WILL NOT FIND A MORE UNIQUE BASS DRUM MIC THAN THIS. This one is only $100...a far cry from the Yamaha."

It's smaller than the Yamaha...about 8" in diameter...
Judging from the pics, it could use a good dusting... :wink:
Selling for what I paid for it...100 bucks + UPS, which would be about 20.00 in the CONUS...
Thanks!
Bruce

"You see, the whole thing about recording is the attempt at verisimilitude--not truth, but the appearance of truth."
Jerry Wexler

tonewoods
buyin' a studio

Re: Custom made bass drum mic for sale...Subkick

Post by tonewoods » Thu May 14, 2020 12:46 pm

Oddly enough, it's still here...
"You see, the whole thing about recording is the attempt at verisimilitude--not truth, but the appearance of truth."
Jerry Wexler

susanalisa247
audio school

Re: Custom made bass drum mic for sale...Subkick

Post by susanalisa247 » Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:11 am

No way really this can be useful for our company event coming in october if covid-19 is at ease, i am tired of drumming in my condo it gets quite boring.