F/S Sage Preamp pair w/power supply

*Gear*ed towards individuals who are buying/selling - NOT a place for businesses to post their goods for sale.

Moderators: TapeOpLarry, tomb

darnell
takin' a dinner break

F/S Sage Preamp pair w/power supply

Post by darnell » Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:21 pm

Hey all,

Got a couple stellar preamps I'm unloading. I'm attempting to go all 500/API style preamps for my secondary studio, so these are on the auction block. Feel free to make offers, or offer up CAPI VP28/EISEN 312 style preamps. If you happen to have any racked pres similar to these, I will consider trades for those as well.

Ok. Here's the info.

-I am selling 2 Sage SE-Pre 1 preamps (ser # 417/418) with 2 slot power supply. Very high quality, beautiful sounding preamps that excel on drums. Joel Hamilton/Studio G have made them their go to for Kick/Snare. These preamps alone sell for $543USD new, and the 2 unit PS is $240USD. Save a few dollars and treat yourself to your new favorite preamps. These are stand alone modules, but can be racked if you are handy enough. I always had them sitting next to my Lunchbox, since they are roughly the same height.

Specs and more info is here.
https://sageelectronics.com/product/se- ... l-mic-pre/

Face of both units are in great shape. Shows signs of wear only on chassis, which is not visible when on a shelf. Other things to note, PS bulb burned out long ago. Easy replacement. I always had the PS tucked away anyway, so i never bothered to get a new one. One other thing to note, Sage has the most amazing customer service you could ever dream of. One of my preamps had an output issue years ago, and Phil Bova and his wife run the company and are sweet as pie. Fast turnaround and great, friendly communication. If you look under the testimonials section, im actually quoted on the site praising these pres. Ill def grab another pair at some point!!!

Thinking for $̶1̶0̶0̶0̶ Now $950 for both shipped in lower 48.

Feel free to message with inquiries.

Thanks.
D.

Last edited by darnell on Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

darnell
takin' a dinner break

Re: F/S Sage Preamp pair w/power supply

Post by darnell » Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:31 pm

Price drop and willing to take trade offers.

$950 shipped/pp'd.

Or make some preamp trade offers. Ideally I'm looking for API style 500 series preamps. I don't mind kits as long as the parts are decent. If you have a pair in a rack I'm game to trade as well. I'd consider a Sytek, 2xNeotek strips racked or a Trident S20 preamp if you have a little $ to throw in on top. I also wouldn't mind another Distressor, so that I would do an even swap. Maybe another Royer R121, but ideally, I need to replace these pres with more pres. Let me know what you have.

d.