SOLD: Neumann KM 140 sequential pair

*Gear*ed towards individuals who are buying/selling - NOT a place for businesses to post their goods for sale.

Moderators: TapeOpLarry, tomb

emrr
buyin' a studio

SOLD: Neumann KM 140 sequential pair

Post by emrr » Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:17 am

Pair of sequentially numbered Neumann KM 140 mics in good tested shape. A pair of KM 100 bodies with AK 40 capsules, as originally sold as a matched set. Frequently preferred over KM 184’s, with the beneficial addition of a -10dB pad built in for loud sources. I’ve had these for 20 years, they were owned by a local university music department before that. I’m finally giving in to the idea that these just aren’t for me. You can see one (4550) has lost an external case piece by the capsule vents. To be sure they were still matched, I put them up one at a time on the same stand position and ran pink noise tests with long settling times in my control room, and they look well matched to me. Gain is unadjusted in the display, and they were tested on the same preamp channel with no changes. The differences to me look like typical comb filtering from inexact repositioning of one versus the other in a non-anechoic test situation, and they sound the same to my ears. Feel free to download those response charts and toggle between them if you like.

SOLD

Doug Williams
ElectroMagnetic Radiation Recorders
Tape Op issue 73