WTB ATA Case for a 388

*Gear*ed towards individuals who are buying/selling - NOT a place for businesses to post their goods for sale.

Moderators: TapeOpLarry, tomb

Banana Crotchbuckle
takin' a dinner break

WTB ATA Case for a 388

Post by Banana Crotchbuckle » Wed May 02, 2018 1:17 pm

Moving with my 388 and need to find a case for it.
Seems like it's just a couple inches smaller than some standard mixer cases so I am coming up empty on the 'Bay.
I am looking for a case to fit inner dimensions of 33 x 26 x 9
Anyone have something like that around?
It can be beat, just need to get it to a new home safely...
i 've got my own map, sucker

kslight
mixes from purgatory

Re: WTB ATA Case for a 388

Post by kslight » Wed May 02, 2018 1:23 pm

I’ve never come across one myself, i probably would have bought it..!...but I know there is a company or two online that make custom cases that isn’t all that crazy expensive (although for one time use maybe it would seem expensive). However if you did buy a case for one time use and wanted to get rid of it after that, I know a guy that would buy it off ya...I’m in KC even I could pick it up unless you’re moving far away from Iowa (wouldn’t blame you).

If you are just planning to load up a truck when you move and not moving by air...probably the simplest solution would be to stick it on a small pallet and move it by freight. Or just put the pallet in your moving truck. You could also build it into a box or two, and secure it to a pallet....

Sorry if those aren’t ideal, just throwing ideas out.

Banana Crotchbuckle
takin' a dinner break

Post by Banana Crotchbuckle » Wed May 02, 2018 1:35 pm

I was thinking that if need be I could just build a box but it still would be at the whims of the movers, as this is going into the back of the truck w/o me.

A case like this is so random, I just expect to find them everywhere!

kslight
mixes from purgatory

Post by kslight » Mon May 14, 2018 12:26 pm

I've never used this company, so this is NOT an endorsement, but this is the company I was thinking about earlier: https://www.roadcasesusa.com/categories ... and-model/

You basically tell them the dimensions that you need and they'll make you one. They even have a $99 "cheap" case option...which probably wouldn't be ideal for a lot of road use...but for one time in the back of the truck use might be sufficient.

Banana Crotchbuckle
takin' a dinner break

Post by Banana Crotchbuckle » Sat May 19, 2018 6:42 am

It's funny - I just bought two synth cases off them! Good build, affordable.
I had a friend build a shipping crate for me in the end, should work like a champ (fingers crossed)
Screen Shot 2.jpg
Screen Shot 2.jpg (101.73 KiB) Viewed 1819 times