Shure VP88 stereo mic with A88SM shockmount

*Gear*ed towards individuals who are buying/selling - NOT a place for businesses to post their goods for sale.

Moderators: TapeOpLarry, tomb

mindbreathe
steve albini likes it

Shure VP88 stereo mic with A88SM shockmount

Post by mindbreathe » Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:21 pm

For sale is a Shure VP88 professional stereo microphone in excellent condition, and (very importantly!) included in the sale is the mic's optional expensive ($225) A88SM shockmount.

The Shure Model VP88 is a single-point, stereo condenser microphone for use in professional studio recording, field production, electronic news gathering (ENG), and studio broadcasting applications. It combines two condenser cartridges in a single housing to create a stereo audio image of the sound source. It is unique in its ability to capture the realism of a live event and yet withstand rigorous field production environments.

One cartridge (Mid) faces forward to capture on-axis sound using a cardioid pickup pattern. The other cartridge (Side) is bi-directional, capturing sound from either side. The VP88 contains an internal M-S matrix with three settings for different degrees of stereo image separation. The internal matrix can be bypassed if an external matrix is used or if stereo imaging is done in post-production.

Features:

Time-coherent, Mid-Side (M-S) design for optimal stereo imaging

Built-in stereo matrix for direct control of the stereo spread; direct M-S outputs available

Mono compatibility ideal for broadcast applications
Low noise and distortion

Wide dynamic range

Switch-selectable, low-frequency rolloff (12 dB/octave below 80 Hz) for reduced pickup of ambient noise
LED power indicator
Built-in "pop" screen

The mic comes with the A88SM shockmount and a 5 pin (standard on pro stereo mics) to dual (stereo) XLR breakout cable (I've misplaced the cheap bag that came with the mic).

Price is $600, which is a steal for this package.

This package will be professionally packed by my local fantastic FedEx Office and shipped to you FedEx Ground.
 $25 s/h.

Please contact me at cl@post-consumer.com for questions or to purchase this.

Best,
Nicholas

Felyna
audio school

Re: Shure VP88 stereo mic with A88SM shockmount

Post by Felyna » Tue Jul 13, 2021 3:11 am

Hello! The item you are selling seems in optimal conditions. It’s such a pity that I haven’t stumbled across your post earlier. I have been looking for a microphone like this for quite a while. I needed it for a live event that me and my friends held last week. We actually ended up hiring a company that did pretty much all the job. Indeed they take care of lighting, staging and of course sound equipment. We were amazed by what they managed to pull off with our tight budget. If you’re interested in similar services you can get all your information at ontourevents.co.uk. Btw I hope you’ll find a buyer that will appreciate the quality of your microphone.