Tascam 388 Twins and all the fixings in Midwest

*Gear*ed towards individuals who are buying/selling - NOT a place for businesses to post their goods for sale.

Moderators: TapeOpLarry, tomb

kslight
mixes from purgatory

Tascam 388 Twins and all the fixings in Midwest

Post by kslight » Sun May 17, 2020 6:35 pm

So I’ve got two Tascam 388s, and at the moment I’d prefer to sell them together. They were both recently serviced (Late 2017/2018) by Mike Miller at Westend Studios in Kansas City. One of them had its heads relapped by JRF, both machines were aligned together so that they would be interchangeable, and they are calibrated to LPR35. One machine is almost as cosmetically virgin as they come, it has flaws but it’s by far the best I’ve ever seen. The other is a bit more worn, has a couple cracked lenses and a couple lights burnt out. But functionally both are excellent.

Considering selling because I just don’t use them like I should.

To the lucky buyer I will also give an MRL tape (basically brand new, purchased when the machines were serviced), various reels of new (RMGI and some NOS others) and used (RMGI and older stuff) tape, original service manual (not the best condition but it works), spare motor (untested), and take up reels.

Pickup preferred in Kansas City, could possibly consider other domestic (no international!) arrangements within reason, i don’t really trust shipping these but would be willing to help with this if someone was willing to pay for that and accept those risks.

$4k for the pair. I feel that is quite fair considering the extensive amount I have invested in these, value of extras, and that I sold my other two 388s in the past few years for a comparable price.

Not really interested in separating them, if i sell only one I’ll be tempted to buy a second one and repeat the cycle.