FS: Oktavamod MKL2500

*Gear*ed towards individuals who are buying/selling - NOT a place for businesses to post their goods for sale.

Moderators: TapeOpLarry, tomb

permanent hearing damage
re-cappin' neve

FS: Oktavamod MKL2500

Post by permanent hearing damage » Sun Feb 07, 2021 10:30 am

Up for sale I have some gear that isn't getting much love lately:

Sytek 4 channel mic pre with stock ICs ( no Burr Brown). purchased new in 2005 or so. I have had no issues with it whatsoever. it's a damn workhorse, but i have so many mic pres these days that I don't find myself using it much. great shape, cosmetically. pots are quiet and works as well as the day I got it. SOLD.

OktavaMod MKL 2500 tube mic. I lost my paperwork long ago, but looking at the headbasket should tell you this isn't stock, and I have the invoice from Mr Joly to show this was modded. Unsure all of what he did to it, but it is a great sounding mic. it just doesn't have as much headroom as the very loud sources I usually end up recording, so it doesn't get much use. I've had it since 2008 or so and probably only managed to use it on 15-20 sessions in that time, the rare occasion I don't have a stupidly loud screamer on the mic, and it sounds phenomenal on non-deafening sources. mint condition and the older stock power supply - not the chinese made one they switched to. asking $650 shipped.