SOLD: Juno 6 w/ Tubbutec MIDI upgrade and walnut end cheeks $2300 (pickup only)

*Gear*ed towards individuals who are buying/selling - NOT a place for businesses to post their goods for sale.

Moderators: TapeOpLarry, tomb

Antler23
studio intern

SOLD: Juno 6 w/ Tubbutec MIDI upgrade and walnut end cheeks $2300 (pickup only)

Post by Antler23 » Mon Jul 25, 2022 12:13 pm

Selling a lovely Juno 6. Not kidding when I say this is the nicest Juno I've ever come across. I got it a couple years back from a guy who in turn bought it from Soundgass UK. They did the Tubbutec install and gave it their standard tune-up. The guy I got it from added the walnut end cheeks.
It looks pretty and of course it sounds pretty. For a 40-year old synth, this one is in fine shape.

Here, though, are the "issues" it has!

Sonics...
1. The chorus chips are due for replacement. This is a common Juno problem - the chips burn out and the famous Juno chorus "whoosh" gets louder. I have the replacement MN3009 chips, but am not tech enough to do the install myself.

UPDATE 2. I'd originally posted that the pitch-bend lever could get a bit pitch-glitchy in one direction, but after daily play since posting the synth for sale, the glitchiness has all but vanished.

Cosmetic...
1. There are 5 or 6 screw heads peaking through the board on the underside of the synth.
2. There's a slight chipping of paint on the edge of the synth where the top panel meets the back. About an inch across. I only noticed it once I decided to sell the synth - it's a subtle blemish.

Local pickup only. I'm in Auburn, CA, but am willing to meet in Sacramento or Davis.

UPDATE If anyone with an OB-6 (keyboard model) is looking to trade for the Juno, I've got a Boss DR-110 Dr. Rhythm I'd include along with the Juno.

Thanks!

P.S. I'm including my Reverb.com ad just cos it's got photos of the synth handy...
https://reverb.com/item/57623634-roland ... end-cheeks