1979 Amek M1000 24ch Console

*Gear*ed towards individuals who are buying/selling - NOT a place for businesses to post their goods for sale.

Moderators: TapeOpLarry, tomb

trevorspencer
ass engineer

1979 Amek M1000 24ch Console

Post by trevorspencer » Thu Apr 27, 2023 3:08 pm

It's been a while since I've been on here, but, this console was bought here on the forums so I thought I would return!

Selling a beautiful 1979 Amek M1000 Console. 24 input channels, 8 busses, 8 monitor returns, stereo buss, and monitor section! I have done tracking and/or mixing on every project I've worked on in the last 5 years with this console - I'm happy to share my discography which can highlight the music it's been on and the sound it's imparted.

Purchased this about eight years ago, and had a lot of work done by Jon Ulrigg at Shiny Box. Re-built power supply, lots of new caps and transformers, etc. There's a lot to love here - Sowter transformers on every channels, 4 band parametric eq + filters, lots of routing, P&G faders, nice chassis, good looks, and lot's of great routing. In my opinion and experience, this is an upgrade over similar priced Trident or MCI. Clear sound with a bit of extra heft - always preferred mixing through this over ITB. Will come with at least some tt patch bays and all cabling - that can be sorted out depending on the new buyers needs. Also has wooden sides that are not pictured. Happy to include the little front desk I built for accessories!

Like most console's of this age, it needs a few things, but I would call it a highly operational project. Most notably, 20 of the 24 channels work pretty well, and the last 4 need a few things to work - faders on a couple, and other misc things. I hope to sell this with no surprises, and have a running list of little gremlins - mostly switches and things of that nature. I have lot's of spare parts, schematics, etc. I believe it is mostly wired pin 3 hot to interface with it's old studio, so a bit of re-soldering will be required if you want to fully interface with pin 2 hot gear. That being said, it works fine getting in and out my UA converters, and I imagine it would be the same for others.

Happy to provide any additional photos or information, thanks! $12,000 obo. Located outside of Seattle.

More photos can be found on craigslist ad:
https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/msg/ ... 15627.html
Attachments
Amek M1000.jpg
Amek M1000.jpg (1.08 MiB) Viewed 54865 times