FS: Soundcraft Series II Console AS IS $500

*Gear*ed towards individuals who are buying/selling - NOT a place for businesses to post their goods for sale.

Moderators: TapeOpLarry, tomb

calebrwilliams
ass engineer

FS: Soundcraft Series II Console AS IS $500

Post by calebrwilliams » Fri Aug 04, 2023 2:41 pm

Hey all. So I've got this wonderful vintage (1975 I believe) console in need of some love and attention that would be AWESOME to get into the right hands. I once was exactly such pair of hands back in 2009 when I grabbed this off craigslist - it was in similar need of attention. After hours of pot turning and multiple cans of deoxit, I had it up and working wonderfully and even tracked and mixed an album (https://www.forkandspoonrecords.net/pro ... praise-12/) on it in addition to other projects here and there. In the last 7 years it's primarily sat around. It powers on, but there is a LOUD hum coming off the main "remix" master fader. I don't know why. A part of me wants to know why, but the wiser part of me knows I do NOT have time, energy and expertise to dig into the issue as my days of studio maintenance are long passed so I'm rusty in that realm.

I know there is a ton more detail, which I'm happy to provide but it's hard to know where to start. For now I thought I'd start here and I always loved this community back in the day. I'm asking $500 to get started because I have no idea what it's worth. I realize it's not functioning properly but does have a lot of potential in the right hands for some warm 70's character.

I'm located in Nashville so this would be pick up only. I would entertain the possibility of delivery for a fee to cover gas but highly dependent on proximity and how much I want to go to the location. But obviously with pick up there is the advantage of being able to mess with it (as long as you like) before you pay me and haul it off.

What else do you all want to know? Also I can't figure out how add photos. Says file is too large for an attachment? Below is the link to the closest I could find, but mine has 8 more channels added on the monitor side with a little box on the top right (just pots no faders).

https://gearspace.com/board/so-much-gea ... 975-a.html