2x AMEK 9098 mic pre w eq $950 each - SOLD.

*Gear*ed towards individuals who are buying/selling - NOT a place for businesses to post their goods for sale.

Moderators: TapeOpLarry, tomb

Nick Sevilla
on a wing and a prayer

2x AMEK 9098 mic pre w eq $950 each - SOLD.

Post by Nick Sevilla » Thu Nov 09, 2023 7:04 pm

Hi All,

Hurricane Otis came and went, and completely ruined a business thing I have in Acapulco.

Due to that, I am forced to sell a couple of my mic preamp / EQs. These were Neve's favorite "no compromise" design.

These two I bought used a couple of years ago, and need a bit of work, mainly recapping, as they do sound a bit noisy when engaging the switches, which force voltage onto caps that sound "scratchy." All pots and switches work. The on / off light on the switch does not, and I gave up trying to find it. But the switches work regardless. Even though they are scratchy, they sound great, and work as they should.

These are selling for around $1,200 and up right now, so my price reflects that they need some TLC, mainly recapping some of the capacitors. There is someone in Nashville who might be able to help out or do the work for you, or give you the schematics.

Selling for $950 each plus shipping and insurance. Can accept PayPal or direct deposit.

Pictures upon request.
Last edited by Nick Sevilla on Fri Dec 01, 2023 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Howling at the neighbors. Hoping they have more mic cables.

Nick Sevilla
on a wing and a prayer

Re: 2x AMEK 9098 mic pre w eq $950 each

Post by Nick Sevilla » Fri Dec 01, 2023 9:44 am

SOLD...
Howling at the neighbors. Hoping they have more mic cables.