Outbox vs. Sent Messages?

comments or issues with this board

Moderators: TapeOpLarry, tomb

Post Reply
winky dinglehoffer
re-cappin' neve
Posts: 623
Joined: Wed May 07, 2003 12:08 pm
Location: ATL

Outbox vs. Sent Messages?

Post by winky dinglehoffer » Wed Mar 03, 2021 7:02 am

So I went to send a PM to a fellow board member, hit "Send" as usual, and the message went to my Outbox rather than the "Sent Messages" folder. I thought maybe it didn't send for some reason, but I don't see any sort of "resend" button, or really anything at all one can do with a message in the Outbox. So why do I have 2 PMs (at this juncture) in my Outbox when all my other sent messages are in the Sent Messages folder? What does it all mean?

User avatar
Nick Sevilla
on a wing and a prayer
Posts: 5197
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 1:34 pm
Location: Lake Arrowhead California USA
Contact:

Re: Outbox vs. Sent Messages?

Post by Nick Sevilla » Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:22 am

I think it might be if the recipient has their inbox full... it waits until they have space.
Howling at the neighbors. Hoping they have more mic cables.

winky dinglehoffer
re-cappin' neve
Posts: 623
Joined: Wed May 07, 2003 12:08 pm
Location: ATL

Re: Outbox vs. Sent Messages?

Post by winky dinglehoffer » Wed Mar 03, 2021 12:53 pm

Interesting theory. It'd be nice to have confirmation of some sort.

User avatar
vvv
zen recordist
Posts: 9354
Joined: Tue May 13, 2003 8:08 am
Location: Chi
Contact:

Re: Outbox vs. Sent Messages?

Post by vvv » Wed Mar 03, 2021 1:27 pm

winky dinglehoffer wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 12:53 pm
Interesting theory. It'd be nice to have confirmation of some sort.
Well, send me a PM.
bandcamp; vlayman;
THD; Geronimo Cowboys;
blog.
I mix with olive juice.

winky dinglehoffer
re-cappin' neve
Posts: 623
Joined: Wed May 07, 2003 12:08 pm
Location: ATL

Re: Outbox vs. Sent Messages?

Post by winky dinglehoffer » Wed Mar 03, 2021 2:09 pm

vvv wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 1:27 pm
winky dinglehoffer wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 12:53 pm
Interesting theory. It'd be nice to have confirmation of some sort.
Well, send me a PM.
I sent 2. They both went to my Outbox. There was a message after I hit send that said something about the PMs having been "submitted."
Now if you make a little space in your Inbox we can see if they send automatically.

winky dinglehoffer
re-cappin' neve
Posts: 623
Joined: Wed May 07, 2003 12:08 pm
Location: ATL

Re: Outbox vs. Sent Messages?

Post by winky dinglehoffer » Wed Mar 03, 2021 3:50 pm

Nick Sevilla wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:22 am
I think it might be if the recipient has their inbox full... it waits until they have space.
I responded to your PM. Let me know if it gets through.

User avatar
Nick Sevilla
on a wing and a prayer
Posts: 5197
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 1:34 pm
Location: Lake Arrowhead California USA
Contact:

Re: Outbox vs. Sent Messages?

Post by Nick Sevilla » Wed Mar 03, 2021 6:00 pm

winky dinglehoffer wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 3:50 pm
Nick Sevilla wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:22 am
I think it might be if the recipient has their inbox full... it waits until they have space.
I responded to your PM. Let me know if it gets through.
Yes, got it at 3:11 pm my time (CST).

Cheers.
Howling at the neighbors. Hoping they have more mic cables.

winky dinglehoffer
re-cappin' neve
Posts: 623
Joined: Wed May 07, 2003 12:08 pm
Location: ATL

Re: Outbox vs. Sent Messages?

Post by winky dinglehoffer » Wed Mar 03, 2021 7:17 pm

Nick Sevilla wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 6:00 pm
winky dinglehoffer wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 3:50 pm
Nick Sevilla wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:22 am
I think it might be if the recipient has their inbox full... it waits until they have space.
I responded to your PM. Let me know if it gets through.
Yes, got it at 3:11 pm my time (CST).

Cheers.
And the message I sent you has now exited my Outbox, so it would appear the mystery is solved!

User avatar
Nick Sevilla
on a wing and a prayer
Posts: 5197
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 1:34 pm
Location: Lake Arrowhead California USA
Contact:

Re: Outbox vs. Sent Messages?

Post by Nick Sevilla » Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:38 pm

winky dinglehoffer wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 7:17 pm
Nick Sevilla wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 6:00 pm
winky dinglehoffer wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 3:50 pm


I responded to your PM. Let me know if it gets through.
Yes, got it at 3:11 pm my time (CST).

Cheers.
And the message I sent you has now exited my Outbox, so it would appear the mystery is solved!
YAY!
Howling at the neighbors. Hoping they have more mic cables.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests