Glad it's back up...what's with the color

comments or issues with this board

Moderators: TapeOpLarry, tomb

TapeOpHillary
TapeOp Admin
TapeOp Admin

Post by TapeOpHillary » Wed Nov 02, 2005 12:28 am

JES wrote:Thanks but I'm confused. I see that I have no new private messages in the upper right hand corner, but nothing about messages on the boards themselves. Am I missing something?
this link is on the main index page, not on the individual threads...

MichaelJoly

Sticking to the subject of Color...

Post by MichaelJoly » Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:56 pm

I?m saddened that the metaphysical energy aspects of color and identity have aparently been ignored in the new TOMB.

As TOMB is an acoustically silent virtual space, its ?room tone? comes from the ambient color of the space and the color of the conversations there. The thousands of conversations that took place in the virtual space known as ?General Recording? were red breaths exhaled in a yellow ambient room.

I would argue that an essential identity of TOMB has been lost by dropping the former color scheme. It is as if a group of people, used to meeting in a particular cozy club or caf?, are evicted by the management and are forced to meet in unfamiliar surroundings.

I?m not just talking about color schemes in a design sense. (Though, a previous poster got it right when he commented on the readibility of the high contrast yellow / red combination.)

I?m trying to suggest that color tone, like room tone or the spectral noise density of ?? mag tape are essential metaphysical aspects that define the context in which human interactions occurs and are experienced.

Have you ever traveled and spent time in a country with a different line frequency standard than your own? Suddenly find yourself in a sea of 50Hz harmonics when you?re used to 60Hz? That is a shift in ambient room tone. It is a different context. A new feeling.

The old TOMB yellow had a certain vibratory frequency that fed the eyes and soul of the visitor. This nourishment is missing now.

Folks who would like to ponder the effect of vibrational frequencies and their effect on gathering spaces might enjoy reading the writings of Sufi musician and teacher Hazrat Inyat Khan, ?The Music of Life? is a good collection.

Best, MJ

lifeintime
gettin' sounds

Post by lifeintime » Wed Nov 02, 2005 3:20 pm

When the TOMB crashed and was restored from backup last spring, I was an "Ass Engineer" again. I'm afraid to post and see if I am an "AE" for the third time.

The Catagory list is certainly larger, but the one that I went after right away was the "People Skills". Always looking to improve in that area.

Well here I go, drum roll please......
What? No Gravy???

soundcloud.com/LifeInTimeMusic

lifeintime
gettin' sounds

Post by lifeintime » Wed Nov 02, 2005 3:22 pm

LifeInTime wrote:When the TOMB crashed and was restored from backup last spring, I was an "Ass Engineer" again. I'm afraid to post and see if I am an "AE" for the third time.

The Catagory list is certainly larger, but the one that I went after right away was the "People Skills". Always looking to improve in that area.

Well here I go, drum roll please......
Well, at least I now have a technical job instead of being an "AE".
What? No Gravy???

soundcloud.com/LifeInTimeMusic

TapeOpHillary
TapeOp Admin
TapeOp Admin

Re: Sticking to the subject of Color...

Post by TapeOpHillary » Wed Nov 02, 2005 7:32 pm

MichaelJoly wrote:I?m saddened that the metaphysical energy aspects of color and identity have aparently been ignored in the new TOMB.
change is good.
but if you like, after some folks make new skins, i'll revive the 'tomb classic' skin as an option for you (and all the other people that liked the ole yellow)...
:mrpink: hillary

i should change my signature line to 'you can't please everyone'

trashy
dead but not forgotten

Re: Sticking to the subject of Color...

Post by trashy » Wed Nov 02, 2005 8:58 pm

TapeOpHillary wrote:
MichaelJoly wrote:I?m saddened that the metaphysical energy aspects of color and identity have aparently been ignored in the new TOMB.
change is good.
but if you like, after some folks make new skins, i'll revive the 'tomb classic' skin as an option for you (and all the other people that liked the ole yellow)...
:mrpink: hillary

i should change my signature line to 'you can't please everyone'
I should change mine to "didn't we suggest this six months ago?"

supafuzz
carpal tunnel

color scheme

Post by supafuzz » Sat Nov 05, 2005 9:53 am

It's hard to look at too long. Also the creases in the fabric make it hard to read.
Like some of the issues of tape op where there's graphics behind text.
fatigueing on the eyes...
I wasn't crazy about the yellow but it was easier to look at...

my 2 euros
Super 70 Studio.. Never tell a perfectionist that the mix is perfect!

http://www.super70studio.com
http://www.facebook.com/Super70Studio

now in glorious HD3

Rigsby
mixes from purgatory

Post by Rigsby » Sat Nov 05, 2005 11:02 pm

I really quite like the colour now.
The large print giveth, and the small print taketh away.

rigsbysmith.com

joelpatterson
carpal tunnel

Post by joelpatterson » Sun Nov 06, 2005 8:46 am

Is it just me and my Netscape from 1999? The background is gray. Are you all crazy?
Mountaintop Studios
~The Peak of Perfection~
Petersburgh NY 12138

mountaintop@taconic.net

Cyan421
takin' a dinner break

Post by Cyan421 » Wed Nov 09, 2005 11:57 pm

I like the new colors just fine. The old yellow was rad though. Defintly make a skin so we can all be pleased!!

I like to use the (black on white vs white on black) thing in OS X. The old yellow would turn this awsome purple color in revese. This new brown turns a pretty sweet blue. I think there should be a reverse skin. Its too bad I dont even know what css is or i would try to make it. I have the time too. But not the kind of time to learn a new language!!
"What a wonerful smell you've discovered"