MEGABOARD: Too many stickies!

comments or issues with this board

Moderators: TapeOpLarry, tomb

Knights Who Say Neve
buyin' a studio

MEGABOARD: Too many stickies!

Post by Knights Who Say Neve » Wed Nov 16, 2005 6:01 pm

The MEGABOARD starts out w/ about 20 stickies...too many.

In my opinion the MEGABOARD should filter out the stickies.

Othewise I'm diggin' it...

(edited to add the fact that I like the MEGABOARD quite a lot and would just like to request this change to make it even better!)
Last edited by Knights Who Say Neve on Wed Nov 16, 2005 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"What you're saying is, unlike all the other writers, if it was really new, you'd know it was new when you heard it, and you'd love it. <b>That's a hell of an assumption</b>". -B. Marsalis

r0ck1r0ck2
re-cappin' neve

Post by r0ck1r0ck2 » Wed Nov 16, 2005 6:04 pm

ditto...
but i'll say please
PuhLeaze!

tret-lo
gettin' sounds

Post by tret-lo » Fri Nov 18, 2005 8:35 am

Done.

r0ck1r0ck2
re-cappin' neve

Post by r0ck1r0ck2 » Fri Nov 18, 2005 10:18 am

thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you

TapeOpHillary
TapeOp Admin
TapeOp Admin

Post by TapeOpHillary » Fri Nov 18, 2005 10:20 am

the only issue with no stickies is that those are important threads of info...so people who only use the megaboard will not be getting those...
thoughts?

Rufer
pushin' record

Post by Rufer » Fri Nov 18, 2005 11:56 am

Is it possible to only show the stickies when there has been a new post? I'm sure this has been considered and I'm just suggesting the impossible.

tret-lo
gettin' sounds

Post by tret-lo » Fri Nov 18, 2005 12:12 pm

TapeOpHillary wrote:the only issue with no stickies is that those are important threads of info...so people who only use the megaboard will not be getting those...
thoughts?
It seems like the megaboard is geared more towards "power users" who one can assume have already read the stickies. That being said, I can change it back.
Rufer wrote:Is it possible to only show the stickies when there has been a new post? I'm sure this has been considered and I'm just suggesting the impossible.
I'm not sure I understand what you mean here. Only show the stickies when there is a new sticky? Then they wouldn't be stickies. They would just be regular posts.

I'm not really sure of the solution to this. There were definitely too many stickies before, but removing the stickies altogether has obvious disadvantages. There is no easy way to show just the "important" stickies.

Rufer
pushin' record

Post by Rufer » Fri Nov 18, 2005 12:20 pm

No, I meant only show the stickies on the Megaboard when there has been a new post added to the existing stickies.

TapeOpHillary
TapeOp Admin
TapeOp Admin

Post by TapeOpHillary » Fri Nov 18, 2005 9:42 pm

i think if we encourage a limited use of stickies, that they should be included in the megaboard. what do you guys think of that? but i guess there could still be 10+ stickies in the megaboard.
let's leave it sticky-free for now and see how it works out...

Knights Who Say Neve
buyin' a studio

Post by Knights Who Say Neve » Sat Nov 19, 2005 1:55 pm

Thank you for the change, the MEGABOARD is easier to use now.

I like the idea of just having a sticky appear in the MEGABOARD when a new post is added to the sticky. If that isn't possible I would leave the MB as it is now, w/o stickies.
"What you're saying is, unlike all the other writers, if it was really new, you'd know it was new when you heard it, and you'd love it. <b>That's a hell of an assumption</b>". -B. Marsalis

Girl Toes
carpal tunnel

Post by Girl Toes » Mon Nov 21, 2005 4:50 pm

Knights Who Say Neve wrote:Thank you for the change, the MEGABOARD is easier to use now.

I like the idea of just having a sticky appear in the MEGABOARD when a new post is added to the sticky. If that isn't possible I would leave the MB as it is now, w/o stickies.
Agreed 500%.