In Praise of our Wonderful Moderators!!!

comments or issues with this board

Moderators: TapeOpLarry, tomb

lightandmind
pushin' record

In Praise of our Wonderful Moderators!!!

Post by lightandmind » Thu Nov 02, 2006 5:50 pm

I would just like to take this time to thank and praise the moderators of this Tape Op forum, especially Larry, Drumsound (tony I think), Joel, and Andy, for sharing thier wonderful knowledge and experiance with us all.
They, along with many other dedicated engineers here, have been kind enough to lend their precious time and suggestions to us day-after-day and with no other obligation than to help guide us to a positive result.
I am so thankful for having a place to ask questions and I know that not only might a good one be answered by an experianced engineer, but that his or her helpful suggestion will be read by, and inspire, many more veiwers to come. Since there is no real "right" answer, these forums are the best (and least expensive) resource I've come across and am forever grateful to be a part of the Tape Op family. :^:

If any on lookers wish to share some praise or an experiance they've had, I'm shure any one of our overworked and underpaid guardian angels here would love to hear your feedback,- so viewers,,,,,,,let them have it,,,,,,

joel hamilton
zen recordist

Post by joel hamilton » Thu Nov 02, 2006 5:57 pm

Right on, man.

Truly the "tapeop spirit" if there ever was one.
The compassionate sharing of knowledge...
For the sake of sharing...

Garthplinko
gettin' sounds

Post by Garthplinko » Thu Nov 02, 2006 6:01 pm

(+ the occasional Onyx satellite)

:wink:
"Just because you don't like it don't mean it ain't no good."

joel hamilton
zen recordist

Post by joel hamilton » Thu Nov 02, 2006 6:03 pm

Garthplinko wrote:(+ the occasional Onyx satellite)

:wink:
I never got mine! I forgot about that! WTF??!?

Garthplinko
gettin' sounds

Post by Garthplinko » Thu Nov 02, 2006 6:21 pm

I think it's because you're just in it to help us all out right? They knew that if they sent you one you'd just send it back and say, "oh, no no no - I can't accept this. Really. Give it to some tape op'er who has been using a tube mp so he can have something half-way decent." I mean that's what I'd do... :roll:

cgarges
zen recordist

Post by cgarges » Thu Nov 02, 2006 8:44 pm

Garthplinko wrote:you'd just send it back and say, "oh, no no no - I can't accept this. Really. Give it to some tape op'er who has been using a tube mp so he can have something half-way decent." I mean that's what I'd do... :roll:
Actually, that's EXACTLY what I did with mine. Except they never actually sent it to me. I passed on it so that someone who would actually use it could have it.

Chris Garges
Charlotte, NC

wayne kerr
ears didn't survive the freeze

Re: In Praise of our Wonderful Moderators!!!

Post by wayne kerr » Thu Nov 02, 2006 9:28 pm

lightandmind wrote:I would just like to take this time to thank and praise the moderators of this Tape Op forum, especially Larry, Drumsound (tony I think), Joel, and Andy, for sharing thier wonderful knowledge and experiance with us all.
They, along with many other dedicated engineers here, have been kind enough to lend their precious time and suggestions to us day-after-day and with no other obligation than to help guide us to a positive result.
I am so thankful for having a place to ask questions and I know that not only might a good one be answered by an experianced engineer, but that his or her helpful suggestion will be read by, and inspire, many more veiwers to come. Since there is no real "right" answer, these forums are the best (and least expensive) resource I've come across and am forever grateful to be a part of the Tape Op family. :^:

If any on lookers wish to share some praise or an experiance they've had, I'm shure any one of our overworked and underpaid guardian angels here would love to hear your feedback,- so viewers,,,,,,,let them have it,,,,,,
That's it. You're banned! :lol:
The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
-Hunter S. Thompson

drumsound
zen recordist

Post by drumsound » Thu Nov 02, 2006 10:45 pm

Aw shucks fellas...

It's a pleasure and an honor to be part of the community here.

:worthy:

Garthplinko
gettin' sounds

Post by Garthplinko » Fri Nov 03, 2006 11:55 am

cgarges wrote:
Garthplinko wrote:you'd just send it back and say, "oh, no no no - I can't accept this. Really. Give it to some tape op'er who has been using a tube mp so he can have something half-way decent." I mean that's what I'd do... :roll:
Actually, that's EXACTLY what I did with mine. Except they never actually sent it to me. I passed on it so that someone who would actually use it could have it.

Chris Garges
Charlotte, NC
THAT is VERY VERY awesome of you! I, on the other hand suffer from hoarding/pack rat mentality and it causes me physical pain to part with ANYTHING. I have every bit of crap gear I've always had. I keep telling myself I will put some of it on ebay but I feel like the guy putting stuff out at the garage sale only to keep putting more stuff back in the attic. Hopefully I can learn from your generous example. Anyway, good for you!

trask
takin' a dinner break

Post by trask » Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:12 pm

ditto.

By doing this, we are all helping each other grow, as well as ourselves, and in the greater sense, the entire industry changes for the better, as well as the world. Knowledge truly is power, and the open minds here are inspirational on all levels, not only limited to recording music. Thank you.
off somewhere listening.

surf's up
pushin' record

Post by surf's up » Fri Nov 03, 2006 3:52 pm

mad props to all the moderators and their work to keep the boards organized and especially all the great posts they have made. and i dont think the original poster mentioned him, but cgarges is a good moderator too! show him some love.

lightandmind
pushin' record

Post by lightandmind » Fri Nov 03, 2006 6:40 pm

Mad props to cgarges too! Thanks for the replies folks, keep um commin!

Kilroy
buyin' gear

Post by Kilroy » Fri Nov 03, 2006 10:36 pm

lightandmind wrote:Mad props to cgarges too! Thanks for the replies folks, keep um commin!
is ur signature supposed to be spelled wrong?

cgarges
zen recordist

Post by cgarges » Sat Nov 04, 2006 6:41 am

Thanks, guys!

Chris Garges
Charlotte, NC

Garthplinko
gettin' sounds

Post by Garthplinko » Sat Nov 04, 2006 8:17 am

Yep - big ups to Tape Op and everyone that helps it work. I hope my comments were taken as humor - I have been on the other recording message boards and read the other mags and find this one to have the best "we-help-each-other-out" mentality and 99% less flaming/stupid bickering than some of the others. I believe the moderators are in large part to thank for it.