Moderators- Please delete the huge avatars

comments or issues with this board

Moderators: TapeOpLarry, tomb

Knights Who Say Neve
buyin' a studio

Moderators- Please delete the huge avatars

Post by Knights Who Say Neve » Thu Feb 15, 2007 6:01 pm

Some threads have become almost unreadable, with all the text squished over to one side. People have had lots of warning to resize their avatars- it's time for serious action. Please.
"What you're saying is, unlike all the other writers, if it was really new, you'd know it was new when you heard it, and you'd love it. <b>That's a hell of an assumption</b>". -B. Marsalis

TapeOpHillary
TapeOp Admin
TapeOp Admin

Post by TapeOpHillary » Thu Feb 15, 2007 6:36 pm

there's a script that should be resizing them after the page fully loads. is this not happening for you?

the mod to make them small *before* the page loads doesn't work since we upgraded the board unfortunately.

and there's no way i'm going through 9300 users and deleting avatars that are "too big". sorry.

my suggestion is to PM the people that drive you nuts and ask them to resize it themselves. there is another thread about this somewhere and places online that will resize (and i guess host) it for you.

Knights Who Say Neve
buyin' a studio

Post by Knights Who Say Neve » Fri Feb 16, 2007 1:08 am

TapeOpHillary wrote:there's a script that should be resizing them after the page fully loads. is this not happening for you?
It is not.

my suggestion is to PM the people that drive you nuts and ask them to resize it themselves. there is another thread about this somewhere and places online that will resize (and i guess host) it for you.
Yes, I read that thread. The people who still have giant freakin avatars obviously haven't, or they have and don't care.

And sure, you're not going to go through 9300 users and delete avatars. Fine, whatever. But asking me to do it is absurd. You're the fucking admin.
"What you're saying is, unlike all the other writers, if it was really new, you'd know it was new when you heard it, and you'd love it. <b>That's a hell of an assumption</b>". -B. Marsalis

earl parameter
buyin' gear

Post by earl parameter » Fri Feb 16, 2007 1:30 am

You're the fucking admin.
???? wow that?s really going to help things isn?t it

kayagum
ghost haunting audio students

Post by kayagum » Fri Feb 16, 2007 4:46 am

Knight: You're not paying the admins, so quit your whining....

Which browser are you using? It's been working fine on both IE and Firefox for me.... I'd switch to Firefox if you haven't already.

(PS I killed my avatar a while back, just for you :wink: )

RodC
dead but not forgotten

Post by RodC » Fri Feb 16, 2007 5:05 am

They resize for me, but the whole page must load. I'm not sure it would be easy to find the abusers since the images are hosted off site.
'Well, I've been to one world fair, a picnic, and a rodeo, and that's the stupidest thing I ever heard come over a set of earphones'

http://www.beyondsanityproductions.com
http://www.myspace.com/beyondsanity

TapeOpHillary
TapeOp Admin
TapeOp Admin

Post by TapeOpHillary » Fri Feb 16, 2007 7:23 am

Knights Who Say Neve wrote:The people who still have giant freakin avatars obviously haven't, or they have and don't care.
And sure, you're not going to go through 9300 users and delete avatars. Fine, whatever. But asking me to do it is absurd. You're the fucking admin.
i'm sorry you're aggravated by the avatars.

you're right that people don't care about some things. and even if i deleted them, they would just upload new (bigger) ones. that's how some people are.

frankly, i'm dealing with a much bigger issue right now and trying to keep the board functioning because there's been problems with the hosting that i'm going back and forth with our hosting company on.

also, my suggestion wasn't for you to PM 9300 people but just those that specifically bothered you. maybe that's 5 people? maybe 10?

it would help if you let me know what browser you are using - or try a different browser because yours is the first i've heard that the resizing script doesn't work.

thanks
:mrpink: hillary

mjau
speech impediment

Post by mjau » Fri Feb 16, 2007 8:42 am

kayagum wrote:Knight: You're not paying the admins, so quit your whining....

Which browser are you using? It's been working fine on both IE and Firefox for me.... I'd switch to Firefox if you haven't already.

(PS I killed my avatar a while back, just for you :wink: )
But if you want to pay the admins, PM me for my address.

I agree on firefox - works splendidly for me.