wow, the announcements are godawful to look at

comments or issues with this board

Moderators: TapeOpLarry, tomb

joeysimms
ears didn't survive the freeze

wow, the announcements are godawful to look at

Post by joeysimms » Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:27 am

that, and the bsw ad, who's stupid advert magazines always arrive like 4 to 1 vs. the subscription that brought them to me.

thnx Larry!
beware bee wear

mjau
speech impediment

Post by mjau » Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:11 am

Yeah, what a money grab, eh? I'm totally cancelling my free subscription.

runrunrun
re-cappin' neve

Post by runrunrun » Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:27 am

you should really think about all the stuff you have learned from the mag/site before you post something like that...is this ad thing really that big of a deal in comparison?

Jeff White
ghost haunting audio students

Re: wow, the announcements are godawful to look at

Post by Jeff White » Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:47 am

joeysimms wrote:that, and the bsw ad, who's stupid advert magazines always arrive like 4 to 1 vs. the subscription that brought them to me.

thnx Larry!
:roll:

Brian Brock
buyin' a studio

Post by Brian Brock » Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:28 am

I don't know... The message board seems totally fine to me, nothing intrusive. But the magazine, and I'm sure people will be sending me packages full of nails for years to come on this, the magazine is rather over done with ads. I personally would rather pay 15 bucks a year and have the magazine be easier on the eyes. This whole free subscription thing is always trotted out as a license to kill, but things like the mackie ad screwing up the table of contents page, and the sweetwater ads, and the rest are a little much.

On the other hand, Sound on Sound, which I think has a pretty decent signal to noise ratio, costs too much 60 bucks a year - more than it's worth, but then, a lot of its articles are totally worthless. I would probably be willing to pay that for Tape Op... Harper's is only $15 a year and is pretty good.

I actually like the ads that have pictures of the stuff - these days I even expect to see an ad with a nice big photo for each review, preferably on a facing page.

b

syrupcore
deaf.

Re: wow, the announcements are godawful to look at

Post by syrupcore » Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:46 am

joeysimms wrote:that, and the bsw ad, who's stupid advert magazines always arrive like 4 to 1 vs. the subscription that brought them to me.

thnx Larry!
don't you have anything better to do but sling flaming turds?