Post by Jay Reynolds » Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:08 pm

RefD wrote: $posterwithclue
Can't wait to see this alt.
Prog out with your cog out.

tateeskew
steve albini likes it

Post by tateeskew » Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:03 am

RefD wrote:
monkeyxx wrote:my friend Bill likes to question the claim of "greatest band of all time, ever" to this band I am tired of talking about...

sorry for ruining your thread, OP

on 4chan they call this a "shitstorm"
personally, i would never refer to the aforementioned group as "greatest band of all time, ever".

here a "shitstorm" would be $posterwithclue locking horns with that guy who "would record Shirley Manson for free 24/7".
if posterwithclue = "1":
print 'here manson lover comes'
else:
print 'manson nowhere to be seen or starting orchard is awesome thread'

RefD
on a wing and a prayer

Post by RefD » Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:32 am

*considers adding a GOTO (tho perhaps a COME_FROM would be more appropriate)*
?What need is there to weep over parts of life? The whole of it calls for tears.? -- Seneca

monkeyxx
audio school graduate

Post by monkeyxx » Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:40 pm

jessemesasavage wrote:
Sgt. Pepper is a garbage album. I have always thought that was a worthless record.
Surely you are referring to the Bee Gees soundtrack to that horrendous movie, not the Beatles album. If it is the Beatles album you are referring to let me be the first to say that you have no taste in music, knowledge of history, or appreciation for our art form of audio recording.

wanna know who else thought sgt. peppers was a weak album? George Harrison and John Lennon... watch the Anthology DVDs. and stay down

tubetapexfmr
steve albini likes it

Post by tubetapexfmr » Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:39 am

jessemesasavage wrote:
Quote:
Sgt. Pepper is a garbage album. I have always thought that was a worthless record.

Surely you are referring to the Bee Gees soundtrack to that horrendous movie, not the Beatles album. If it is the Beatles album you are referring to let me be the first to say that you have no taste in music, knowledge of history, or appreciation for our art form of audio recording.

wanna know who else thought sgt. peppers was a weak album? George Harrison and John Lennon... watch the Anthology DVDs. and stay down
I've seen the Anthology DVDs and there is a world of difference between it not being their favorite of their 735 albums and it being a 'garbage album' or 'worthless record'. It is that word worthless that really got under my skin. You may not like the record, but to say it is worthless shows a complete lack of skill in determining worth.

monkeyxx
audio school graduate

Post by monkeyxx » Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:48 pm

good call.. worthless is far from the truth, considering some of the songs on that record. the end and beginning are spectacular, it just gets kind of wishy washy in the middle