Voting on responses

comments or issues with this board

Moderators: TapeOpLarry, tomb

Should TOMB members be able to vote on posts?

Yes
45%
No
55%

Total votes: 11

antilog
george martin

Post by antilog » Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:20 am

I think that has a a general effect though, of not wanting to read posts. Do I need an ignore user function? No, I'll stop using the messageboard if moderators allow ego wars and attacks. Would an ignore user feature be useful in productively utilizing this board? Yes. I think TapeOp is all about productively utilizing resources.
"Artists to my mind are the real architects of change, and not the political legislators who implement change after the fact." William S Burroughs

antilog
george martin

Post by antilog » Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:22 am

It would be interesting to hear what Hillary has to say about this.
"Artists to my mind are the real architects of change, and not the political legislators who implement change after the fact." William S Burroughs

;ivlunsdystf
ghost haunting audio students
Location: The Great Frontier of the Southern Anoka Sand Plain

Post by ;ivlunsdystf » Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:09 am

My brain has a built-in 'ignore user' function. No need for an external computer-based version.

antilog
george martin

Post by antilog » Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:27 am

Yeah, I just noticed sometimes my internal ignore user = ignore tapeop

chris harris
speech impediment

Post by chris harris » Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:36 am

Is this the only forum that you ever visit? I ask because this forum is typically waaay less annoying than others when it comes to the things that are aggravating you.

There are assholes ALL OVER the internet. If you absolutely cannot ignore the very few that post here, then I don't know what to tell you. The "ignore user" function has been discussed here before. I don't think that anyone is in any big hurry to change things about this board. If you notice some asshole who's personally insulting people, then a polite "heads up" PM to the moderator is usually pretty effective. However, if there are no personal insults involved, and you're just offended at someone acting like a jerk, then you just have to do your best to ignore it. If someone acting like a dick offends you enough to not visit this board, then how the hell do you ever leave the house? I run into assholes EVERYWHERE.

curtiswyant
re-cappin' neve

Post by curtiswyant » Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:49 am

I think a voting/rating system is best for bigger message boards where it's hard to sift through hundreds of posts per day. Tape Op doesn't have an overwhelming number of posts per day and they are mostly high-quality. I can think of only a few "jerks" on this board but they are at most ignorant and argumentative so it gives everyone else a chance to justify their views if they want.

I would LOVE to have the Off-Topic forum again. It seems a lot of posters only comment to try to be funny (I'm guilty of this too) and we seem to want to talk about stupid stuff sometimes, even though it's not directly related to recording.

antilog
george martin

Post by antilog » Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:50 am

Never thought about contacting moderators, so I'll start doing that. Not internet-naive, thanks for your input. Since it seems everyone is OK with status quo, and I already made my inquiry, I'm done responding.

Thanks again.