How do you get the quotes to....

comments or issues with this board

Moderators: TapeOpLarry, tomb

dsw
tinnitus

How do you get the quotes to....

Post by dsw » Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:30 pm

I don't know how to quote correctly.

When I do it the person's name I'm quoting isn't there. When you all do it, it shows the name of the person being quoted.

I'm hitting the quote button, pasting my quote and then hitting the quote button again.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!

*feels like a dumbass*
"Analog smells like thrift stores. Digital smells like tiny hands from far away." - O-it-hz

musicians are fuckers, but even worse are people who like musicians, they're total fuckers.

dsw
tinnitus

Post by dsw » Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:45 pm

Found it.

Thanks Snarl for the reference link you posted in the how do I do pictures thread.

that was the key.

so here it is:
Quoting text in replies
There are two ways you can quote text, with a reference or without.

* When you utilise the Quote function to reply to a post on the board you should notice that the post text is added to the message window enclosed in a
wrote:
block. This method allows you to quote with a reference to a person or whatever else you choose to put! For example to quote a piece of text Mr. Blobby wrote you would enter:
Mr. Blobby wrote:The text Mr. Blobby wrote would go here
The resulting output will automatically add "Mr. Blobby wrote:" before the actual text. Remember you must include the quotation marks "" around the name you are quoting, they are not optional.
* The second method allows you to blindly quote something. To utilise this enclose the text in
tags. When you view the message it will simply show the text within a quotation block
"Analog smells like thrift stores. Digital smells like tiny hands from far away." - O-it-hz

musicians are fuckers, but even worse are people who like musicians, they're total fuckers.

JGriffin
zen recordist

Post by JGriffin » Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:46 am

Mr. Blobby is so meta. Or he's completely self-involved. It's hard to tell.
"Jeweller, you've failed. Jeweller."

"Lots of people are nostalgic for analog. I suspect they're people who never had to work with it." ? Brian Eno

All the DWLB music is at http://dwlb.bandcamp.com/