FYI

comments or issues with this board

Moderators: TapeOpLarry, tomb

norsehorse
gettin' sounds

FYI

Post by norsehorse » Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:54 pm

:idea:

I would use this site more if it supported picture and audio attachments (like some other sites). I would also be more likely to refer it to others. Audio is the meat of what we do. Not being able to post recorded samples or pictures of mic placements is a real hindrance. Linking off-site is a hassle and less secure.

Cheerio.

apropos of nothing
dead but not forgotten

Post by apropos of nothing » Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:48 pm

So you're volunteering for the hosting and forum modification? Excellent! Thanks so much!

Snarl 12/8
cryogenically thawing

Re: FYI

Post by Snarl 12/8 » Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:55 pm

norsehorse wrote::idea:

I would use this site more if it supported picture and audio attachments (like some other sites). I would also be more likely to refer it to others. Audio is the meat of what we do. Not being able to post recorded samples or pictures of mic placements is a real hindrance. Linking off-site is a hassle and less secure.

Cheerio.

Great idea, and I agree with you (hopefully, I wouldn't use the board *more* though),

BUT...

You're asking a lot of a free board, hosted by a free mag. You're putting Larry on the hook for possibly thousands of dollars a month [more] in hosting costs. Do you see the traffic this site gets?

PS Not to mention the liability of hosting all the copyrighted content that the a-holes and idiots would post all the time. (I suspect this is the real reason)
Carl Keil

Almost forgot: Please steal my drum tracks. and more.

norsehorse
gettin' sounds

Where there is a will, there's a way.

Post by norsehorse » Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:48 pm

In case you guys hadn't caught the memo, this is the section where people post "comments or issues with this board". Glad to see you are encouraging other forum members to give feedback. :roll:

I posted some mic comparisons on another board about an hour ago. Wish I could have posted them here instead!

Snarl 12/8
cryogenically thawing

Re: Where there is a will, there's a way.

Post by Snarl 12/8 » Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:57 pm

norsehorse wrote:In case you guys hadn't caught the memo, this is the section where people post "comments or issues with this board". Glad to see you are encouraging other forum members to give feedback. :roll:

I posted some mic comparisons on another board about an hour ago. Wish I could have posted them here instead!
I told you that I agreed with you that that would be super cool. I was trying to give you a perspective that you might not have thought of before about why you might never see that happen here. Your comment is there for Larry et al to ponder, and I'm absolutely positive that my nay saying won't stop them from jumping on it if they're so inclined.

Welcome to the board. I think mic comparisons would be more welcome than board feature requests, as a general rule.
Carl Keil

Almost forgot: Please steal my drum tracks. and more.

suppositron
suffering 'studio suck'

Re: Where there is a will, there's a way.

Post by suppositron » Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:11 am

norsehorse wrote:In case you guys hadn't caught the memo, this is the section where people post "comments or issues with this board". Glad to see you are encouraging other forum members to give feedback. :roll:

I see what you're saying. BUT, it's only a couple of steps more to upload your files to a free hosting site and post the links here. I'm always interested in gear comparison tests and wish I would see more around here.

TapeOpHillary
TapeOp Admin
TapeOp Admin

Post by TapeOpHillary » Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:11 am

unfortunately we cannot offer image hosting due to a number of factors, mainly abuse and bandwidth overages. there are plenty of free sites you can host images (and potentially audio) with that you can link to here.
thanks
-hillary