Article: 5 Essential Tips for Becoming a Successful Producer

comments or issues with this board

Moderators: TapeOpLarry, tomb

AnthonySanFrancisco
audio school

Article: 5 Essential Tips for Becoming a Successful Producer

Post by AnthonySanFrancisco » Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:46 pm

Hey Tape-Pals,

I'm Anthony Gordon, the artist relations guy for Avid and Pro Tools. I've been blogging about recording stuff lately and I wanted to share my article for this week, 5 Essential Tips for Becoming a Successful Music Producer.

http://www.avidblogs.com/5-essential-ti ... -producer/

I hope you dig it. Although, I've been in the business for about 15 years, so I suspect plenty of you dear people will be sharpening your pitchforks and getting your rotting veggie out to pelt me with. Which is ok :)

Anyway, I hope you read the article and find it useful. If you think I'm way of base about anything, I'm all ears about that too. Dig in!
Senior Manager | Artist Relations
Avid
twitter: @ProToolsARMan

dfuruta
re-cappin' neve

Post by dfuruta » Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:06 pm

seems unfortunate (perhaps just to me) that your first post on this forum is just a link to something on your company's website...

AnthonySanFrancisco
audio school

Sorry to offend...

Post by AnthonySanFrancisco » Mon Sep 21, 2015 9:55 am

Hi there,

I didn't realize that would bum anybody out. I thought my article would be something of interest to the community here since it's a fairly inside look at music production. I don't know if it matters, but there aren't any plugs for Avid stuff or Pro Tools or anything like that in my story. It was really meant to be something informative based on the experience I've picked up...

But I do get your point. I'll make sure to contribute stuff that isn't just posted on my blog on the Avid site. I've been a Tape Op reader and a supporter of what I think they stand for maybe 14 years or so. No disrespect was intended to any of the folks here or to the magazine. I wouldn't post anything corny like links to sales promos or anything like that. I'm not trying to shill for anything. At least not here ;)
Senior Manager | Artist Relations
Avid
twitter: @ProToolsARMan

Gregg Juke
cryogenically thawing

Post by Gregg Juke » Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:35 am

In that case, welcome to the TOMB.

GJ
Gregg Juke
Nocturnal Productions Music Group
Drum! Magazine Contributor
http://MightyNoStars.com

"He's about to learn the most important lesson in the music business-- 'Never trust people in the music business.' "

Gregg Juke
cryogenically thawing

Post by Gregg Juke » Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:50 am

OK ASF,

I read the article. My favorite tip was number 4. And I do strive to combine both of those aspects mentioned (both a personal signature sound/vision, and also to empower the artist to achieve more than they thought possible).

Also, somewhat unrelated-- dad-gum, didn't Ronnie Spector look fine? I would not have locked her in the basement, but that's just me... Maybe that's tip number six-- "Do Not Lock Your Wife (or Anyone) In The Basement."

GJ
Gregg Juke
Nocturnal Productions Music Group
Drum! Magazine Contributor
http://MightyNoStars.com

"He's about to learn the most important lesson in the music business-- 'Never trust people in the music business.' "

Nick Sevilla
on a wing and a prayer

Post by Nick Sevilla » Fri Sep 25, 2015 2:43 pm

Nice Article Anthony, welcome to the TOMB.
Howling at the neighbors. Hoping they have more mic cables.

JWL
deaf.

Post by JWL » Fri Sep 25, 2015 11:00 pm

Nice bit of musicology there. Welcome to TOMB.