Roland Juno-106 For sale... Logo's a bit faded,like new

alexdingley
buyin' a studio

Roland Juno-106 For sale... Logo's a bit faded,like new

Post by alexdingley » Thu Feb 26, 2004 7:36 pm

I'm about to buy the novation K-station that's posted on this page as well... so, to fund that, I'm hockin' my JUno-106. I'm more interested in something that's a digital modeler than a true analog. we do a lot of live synth work... and it's more valuable to me to have something like a K-station that's lightweight and easy to read on a dark stage...

Willing to let go for reasonable price if picked up in/around the philly area.

Not thrilled about prospect of shipping this unit... very paranoid about UPS right now... been burned badly in recent past.

alex@thedeepcuts

Milkmansound
george martin

Re: Roland Juno-106 For sale... Logo's a bit faded,like new

Post by Milkmansound » Thu Feb 26, 2004 9:43 pm

Wait! Don't do it! Make sure to read the reviews of the K-station before you buy it - there are plenty online at Harmony central, etc... I was going to buy one of these until I read the reviews. They were enough to change my already made up mind, then I went with the Virus, and I have not looked back. I'd hate to see that Juno 106 go, because you might miss it. Best of luck - Tim
(((((((((((((((((((((((((())))))))))))))))))))))))))))
www.pedalsteelamp.com
www.milkmansound.com
Follow me on Facebook!

ctmsound
george martin

Post by ctmsound » Fri Feb 27, 2004 3:51 am

take harmony central with a grain of salt.

MagnumOpus
alignin' 24-trk

Post by MagnumOpus » Fri Feb 27, 2004 4:23 am

I'm gonna hit the stores today before I drop the buck on that synth...

... but I remember playing with it at GC and thinking it was pretty awesome right from the gate.

Of course a Virus is gonna blow it out of the water... I've read some reviews, and it beat out a few in the Future Music shootout, but lost to the Alesis Andromeda... which is like 2000 bucks.... and the alesis lost out to the Virus... which is a grand. So I'm not so easily shaken. I'll probably get a virus within the year... just snipin' to find a good used one.
Some people are very tall and merciless...
....Quicy is destroying San Antonio.

Milkmansound
george martin

Post by Milkmansound » Fri Feb 27, 2004 9:39 am

I had that same exact reaction - but once I learned about the screws coming loose on the inside (shake the one at guitar center) I was shocked. Loose screws in electronic equipment lead to the death of the equipment - if one of those screws comes loose and shorts the power supply, or those sensitive cmos chipsets you can say goodbye to that synth. It is too bad too - that synth packs a lot of punch for being so little, you could probably power the thing off batteries and play it in the car. Or, you can always viod the warranty and glue all of the screws in place on the inside. That would take care of the problem. Whatever you decide - I hope all of your synth dreams may come true - Tim
(((((((((((((((((((((((((())))))))))))))))))))))))))))
www.pedalsteelamp.com
www.milkmansound.com
Follow me on Facebook!

thehyphen
audio school graduate

Post by thehyphen » Fri Feb 27, 2004 11:11 am

it seems like Novamusik and sonichighway have the nord lead for some really low prices...like everyone is trying to clear the old ones out for under $900...

just a thought...

-D

alexdingley
buyin' a studio

Post by alexdingley » Fri Feb 27, 2004 11:14 am

Looks as though I have two philly bidders willing to come pick it up... so it seems it's off the market. Thanks for the advice all...

and I investigated the HC review further... then went to Guitar center and inquired on the Keyboard I'm buying... The Kstation will do what I need very nicely, and the new OS seems to have cleared up the bugs... Never forget, for every angry, dissappointed review on the web, there are a thousand happy users out there that are too busy playing with their gear to go online and blast the manufacturer.