Miscellaneous pedals for trade...looknig for DOD BuzzBox...

j_howell
pushin' record

Miscellaneous pedals for trade...looknig for DOD BuzzBox...

Post by j_howell » Sun May 02, 2004 11:44 am

I have a couple of pedals that I'm not too crazy about and/or just don't need, if anyone out there's interested in trading...I have a Boss DS-1, a DoD PreAmp/Overdrive 250(not bad,but pretty useless for me), a Dod digital delay/Sampler (actually a pretty good pedal, but I just don't really need it anymore)...I'm looking for the disgusting Buzz Box Fx-33, maybe an MXR Distortion + or Blue Box or Dyna Comp, or something comparable, or any variety of weird and/ or kinda shitty fuzzes, delays, etc...
I like pie.

inverseroom
on a wing and a prayer

Re: Miscellaneous pedals for trade...looknig for DOD BuzzBox

Post by inverseroom » Mon May 03, 2004 5:07 am

Here's a Buzz Box on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... eName=WDVW

I want one too but that's a bit steep...

Marc Alan Goodman
george martin

Post by Marc Alan Goodman » Wed May 05, 2004 1:21 pm

How did they get so out of hand? I remember when nobody would take the damn things even if they were being given away.
What a great pedal.

j_howell
pushin' record

Post by j_howell » Sat May 08, 2004 10:29 am

No shit...I never shoulda parted with the first one I had. I got it when i'd just begun playing, when I was 16 or so. Used to run that into a big muff into a wah into the amp, and just kinda ride the feedback...no wonder I'm constantly saying "what?" now...
I like pie.

kingnimrod
pushin' record

Post by kingnimrod » Sun May 09, 2004 7:51 am

I think I paid $110 for my Buzz Box when it was new. It's basically the GRUNGE pedal mixed with the nasty octave effect.

I also have an MXR Blue Box - the Blue Box has a muddier tone- to get some sharpness and really drive the thing the way it needs to be, you have to couple it with a good dsitortion, because it cuts your signal WAY down. Sounds awesome with a Rat distortion pedal though. The buzz box is somewhat modeled on the blue box, but the Buzz box really cuts through the mix and gets some really nasty sharp treble in there.

Another fun thing to do is put the Blue Box and Buzz Box in series for some serious sub-bass farting action.