WTB: ES335-style Electra guitar

BooRadley
audio school graduate

WTB: ES335-style Electra guitar

Post by BooRadley » Fri Jun 11, 2004 3:33 pm

I'm interesting in finding a 335 copy made by Japanese company, Electra. There's one on eBay now, but the guy wants way too much for it (shouldn't be more than $175!)

thanks
B

firgela
pushin' record

Re: WTB: ES335-style Electra guitar

Post by firgela » Tue Jun 15, 2004 8:15 am

Are you talking about this one (Espana)?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 88455&rd=1

I thought of asking if he'd trade for my Epi 335 copy, but figure it's too much of a gamble to trade without playing it first.

What do you know about these Espana guitars anyone? I wasn't able to dig up much on the web.

Boo, I'm going pawn shopping today so I'll keep an eye out for you.

JGriffin
zen recordist

Post by JGriffin » Tue Jun 15, 2004 10:13 am

The thing about eBay and Electra these days is that Electras are going for more now on the used market than ever. I own about 6 of them, including a 335 (none of them are for sale, sorry), and I've seen the prices skyrocket in the last few years. I used to buy the Electra Les Paul copies for $85 in pawnshops and now they're up around $400 on eBay. It's what the market will bear--someone will pay that much for those guitars. They're good guitars and the scarcity factor plays in as well to inflate the cost.

Of course, this is happening with most stuff on eBay.

a quick shot of my Electra 335:
"Jeweller, you've failed. Jeweller."

"Lots of people are nostalgic for analog. I suspect they're people who never had to work with it." ? Brian Eno

All the DWLB music is at http://dwlb.bandcamp.com/

BooRadley
audio school graduate

Post by BooRadley » Tue Jun 15, 2004 9:21 pm

I don't know a thing about Espana--there wasn't even a user review at harmony-central! Anyone know anything?
Sad to hear folks have raised the bar on the Electras--every time I try to find a good quality off brand, i'm too late to get in on the deals! Still, nice to hear a recommendation.

Thanks for the help--if anything turns up, or anyone wants to sell one, do let me know!

thanks again,
B