FREE: Funky organs in Houston, TX

Bear's Gone Fission
gettin' sounds

FREE: Funky organs in Houston, TX

Post by Bear's Gone Fission » Thu Aug 12, 2004 12:24 pm

I'm moving back to Austin and not eager to haul these with me, since they're pretty big and I barely use them.

First off is a Wurlitzer 4060. This has two keyboard registers and bass pedals. There is an add-on drum module, also. It's an oscilator organ, but it does have a spinning speaker which is selectable, or it'll play through a fixed speaker. Sounds very cool, mellow, and "vintage". The only problem is that it needs the A's tuned, which I think should be pretty do-able. Cabinetry is in fair shape, could use reinforcement around the front legs. as there is some weight distributed onto them.

Second is a Lowery Genie model. Oscillator, one keyboard, built in rhythm stuff. Some of the sounds don't work, but otherwise it seems fine - might be simple to fix the sounds, might not. The veneer is peeling off at the bottom.

These are big old things, so I'll help you load them, but I'm not delivering or shipping them. Central Houston location.

Cash offers or trades (guitar, bass, keyboards, or recording gear) will be considered. Drop me an email at fission underscore hole at yahoo dot com.

Bear
Last edited by Bear's Gone Fission on Wed Feb 02, 2005 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bear's Gone Fission
gettin' sounds

Re: Funky organs in Houston, TX

Post by Bear's Gone Fission » Fri Aug 13, 2004 5:23 pm

Hey, someone make me an offer. Really, I'm not expecting to get much of anything out of these. Give me a lowball offer unless you're afraid of having to haul these off.

Bear

Bear's Gone Fission
gettin' sounds

Re: Funky organs in Houston, TX

Post by Bear's Gone Fission » Wed Feb 02, 2005 9:06 pm

My better half is finally rejoining me in Austin. I need to get rid of these organs. How does free sound? Pick them up this weekend. Either you get them or the landfill does. Message me if you want them.

Bear

tiger vomitt
dead but not forgotten

Re: FREE: Funky organs in Houston, TX

Post by tiger vomitt » Thu Feb 03, 2005 8:49 am

damn it id so be on that wurlitzer...grrr that's 2 good deals this week i gotta pass on because of location

maybe i need a private helicopter to park on the roof of my mansion. or a fucking hovercraft! that'd be awesome...sorry, im a bit OT here :)

Jackson Michaels
gimme a little kick & snare

Post by Jackson Michaels » Thu Feb 03, 2005 2:32 pm

how big are they? I'd love to help you out, but I've just got a minivan and I don't know if I'd have room for both.

Bear's Gone Fission
gettin' sounds

Post by Bear's Gone Fission » Thu Feb 03, 2005 5:11 pm

I think I've got a taker, and a couple people are interested beyond, so, they are probably gone. I'll give a heads up otherwise.

Bear