MS-16 1" 16 trk for sale. New heads, more

hurricaneE
alignin' 24-trk

MS-16 1" 16 trk for sale. New heads, more

Post by hurricaneE » Sun Oct 03, 2004 11:12 am

I've got a great Tascam MS-16, with the 30 ips mod (which is reversible if you so choose) for sale. The heads are new as of 2001 and only have a few hundred hours on 'em. There's a new take-up motor and capstan, and I've even got a remote and stand. I'm selling because I've got a 2" 24 trk, and God knows I could use some more money and less tape.

You can hear some stuff I've done on the MS-16 at www.citygoats.com and www.thehurricanelamps.com (MP3s from Sing Me a Song and Tilting at Windmills). It's definitely movable, and one person could handle picking it up (the deck is separate from the amp). I'm looking for 2k, which would just cover what I paid for the heads and remote (I had to buy the remote separately). You can write me at lamps@thehurricanelamps.com. Thanks! -E

evilaudio
buyin' gear

Re: MS-16 1" 16 trk for sale. New heads, more

Post by evilaudio » Mon Oct 04, 2004 6:58 am

Sounds nice! Are you located near Indiana?

hurricaneE
alignin' 24-trk

Re: MS-16 1" 16 trk for sale. New heads, more

Post by hurricaneE » Mon Oct 04, 2004 12:07 pm

No, I'm in DC. One piece is 100 lbs and the other is 60. The stand and remote would probably weigh approx. 30, so it's not totally cost prohibitive to ship. I believe I've got the original boxes although, of course, it's always better to pick it up.

If you've got more questions, you're welcome to write me at erictischler@verizon.net (I'm going on tour soon so I wanna keep the aforementioned lamps account quiet so it doesn't back up while I'm on teh road). Here's okay, too, but I check my email more. -E