FS: mixer sold, mic pres still available

oobedoob
alignin' 24-trk

FS: mixer sold, mic pres still available

Post by oobedoob » Sat Nov 06, 2004 4:29 pm

Hi-

Clearing out stuff I'm not using right now..... I have pics of everything upon request.

Soundworkshop 1280 with meter bridge and the 12-ch expander. The main unit has 8 of the fancy eq's. Everything works, in decent condition. Best offer on this one, I don't honestly know what it's worth.

2x OSA 312 mic pres: These have Jensen input transformers and Inward Connections SPA690 opamps. They have line in on the front (not technically a DI, but it works okay as a DI too). $400 ea.

2x Symetrix sx202 with "monte mcguire" modifications. I did them myself, and yes indeed-ee, they do sound like real preamps now. Just surplus to my needs.... $150 ea. obo

I also have 1 big-ass (44u?) server rack on wheels with 4 shelves. Don't have enough room for it now. $50?? (can't ship it, must be picked up in SF Bay Area, CA)

Thanks for lookin.
Last edited by oobedoob on Wed Nov 17, 2004 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Revolution is not a dinner party." -Sun Yat-Sen

johnpitcairn
audio school

Re: FS: Sound Workshop 1280 and mic pres

Post by johnpitcairn » Sat Nov 06, 2004 7:48 pm

oobedoob wrote:2x Symetrix sx202 with "monte mcguire" modifications. I did them myself, and yes indeed-ee, they do sound like real preamps now
I'm thinking about having mine done - can you be a little more descriptive about the extent of the mod, and the differences you are hearing? Thanks.

John Pitcairn

-------------------------------------------------------------
Logic Control emulation for generic midi controllers:
LC Xmu demo: http://www.opuslocus.com/lcxmu/
-------------------------------------------------------------

oobedoob
alignin' 24-trk

Post by oobedoob » Sun Nov 07, 2004 11:50 am

use google groups to search rec.audio.pro

I think sx202 + monte will get you there fast. There are a couple of threads where he has it all laid out like an instruction manual.

It's a pretty straightforward process, if a little labor intensive, and it may or may not be a pain to get the chips he suggests.

oobedoob
alignin' 24-trk

Post by oobedoob » Wed Nov 17, 2004 5:17 pm

oobedoob wrote:Hi-

Clearing out stuff I'm not using right now..... I have pics of everything upon request.

Soundworkshop 1280 with meter bridge and the 12-ch expander. The main unit has 8 of the fancy eq's. Everything works, in decent condition. Best offer on this one, I don't honestly know what it's worth.

2x OSA 312 mic pres: These have Jensen input transformers and Inward Connections SPA690 opamps. They have line in on the front (not technically a DI, but it works okay as a DI too). $400 ea.

2x Symetrix sx202 with "monte mcguire" modifications. I did them myself, and yes indeed-ee, they do sound like real preamps now. Just surplus to my needs.... $150 ea. obo

I also have 1 big-ass (44u?) server rack on wheels with 4 shelves. Don't have enough room for it now. $50?? (can't ship it, must be picked up in SF Bay Area, CA)

Thanks for lookin.
Mixer and big rack now sold. Pre's still available.

Thanks.