Amek Big 44 w/ Supertrue Auto/Virtual Dynamics/Patchbays

nutone
pluggin' in mics

Amek Big 44 w/ Supertrue Auto/Virtual Dynamics/Patchbays

Post by nutone » Thu Dec 02, 2004 2:56 pm

Amek Big 44 frame console loaded with 32 mono modules and 4 stereo modules with Supertrue Automation, Virtual Dynamics and includes wired Patchbays. Has had some really good upgrade mods done to it, most importantly the monster power supply which greatly improves head room, P&G faders, and a remote talkbalk. The Virtual Dynamics are a really cool plus, adding gates.compressors, etc. to channels 1-24. The Supertrue Automation is amazing and HAS TOTAL RECALL OF ALL CONSOLE POTS AND SWITCHES! Has both 19" rack endcaps which hold a patchbay on one side and gear or desk area on the other. 6 ADC B gauge punchdown style patchbays pre-wired to the console included. There is enough patchbay space left over to fufill the requirements of most mid size studios. Great working condition and comes with an spare module and spare power supply. (the original smaller unit). Some wear around the control room volume pot and someone tried to clean the meter bridge with something that took a bit of the silk screening off on one small spot, but asthetically perfect otherwise. This is, in my opinion, the most impressive sounding and looking console in its price range, and has had countless great indie releases mixed on it. THIS IS A LARGE AND HEAVY CONSOLE. When removed from its stand, it can be moved in a large van or U-haul but will not go UPS. It's located in the SF Bay Area and I'd love to sell it locally as to avoid shipping, I'd even be willing to help with the install. I'm asking $8500 with all the extras included.
willies171@cs.com

djimbe
tinnitus

Re: Amek Big 44 w/ Supertrue Auto/Virtual Dynamics/Patchbays

Post by djimbe » Thu Dec 02, 2004 3:49 pm

That sounds lika a hell of deal there, folks. Some people don't speak well of the Amek Big pres, but some good sounding records have been done at our place on a Big. That Supertrue and Virtual Dynamics is the way to go too. Very easy to use and ever so handy. Don't need your board, nutone, as I have one of my own, but you have an attractive price for the package you're offering...
I thought this club was for musicians. Who let the drummer in here??

nutone
pluggin' in mics

Post by nutone » Fri Dec 03, 2004 2:38 pm

thanks. I'm going to be sad to see it go, like you said alot of great records have been made on these consoles... I don't use the mic pres too often because i have a nice outboard selection, but i've actually found them too be very usable when i've needed extras. how many consoles outside of older neves, focusrites, API's, etc.. have really GREAT pre's anyway? (as if someone is going to purposely use an SSL pre...) in my opinion they are better than the pre's of any other console in this price range. and the EQ out preforms alot of consoles costing much more...

drumsound
zen recordist

Post by drumsound » Sat Dec 04, 2004 12:13 am

nutone wrote: how many consoles outside of older neves, focusrites, API's, etc.. have really GREAT pre's anyway? (as if someone is going to purposely use an SSL pre...)
Neotek Elan/Elite!

nutone
pluggin' in mics

Post by nutone » Sat Dec 04, 2004 3:43 pm

yeah the neoteks would surely be included in the "etc..." department. From what i've heard though, the up-keep is a little more extensive on those. In the 5 years i've had this console the only maitenence issue i've had is a copuple dirty switches. pretty cool...

drumsound
zen recordist

Post by drumsound » Sun Dec 05, 2004 11:59 pm

The early Neoteks might be maintanence intensive, but the new ones don't seem to be too bad. Mine is eight years old and I need a couple of mute switches, but that's it.

nutone
pluggin' in mics

Post by nutone » Tue Dec 07, 2004 8:28 pm

well that sounds like a pretty good track record...