Watch Out If Buying on Ebay

BJohnston
ass engineer

Watch Out If Buying on Ebay

Post by BJohnston » Sat Dec 11, 2004 3:47 pm

I'm sure that you all know the drill, but someone tried to sucker me in on a sweet deal. It was an overseas buy. After I had been outbid at the very last second, even though I was the only to who even bid on this thing, they contacted me for a second offer. They wanted a wire transfer. I said no, PayPal only....Never heard from them again. LOOK OUT FOR ANYTHING OUT OF THE UK BY AUCTIONERS WITHOUT ANY FEEDBACK. Don't fall for it.

BJohnston

MichaelAlan
tinnitus

Re: Watch Out If Buying on Ebay

Post by MichaelAlan » Sat Dec 11, 2004 6:36 pm

I got the same scam twice on one auction for a tascam board. It got my hopes up because I wanted it really bad! But I realised the seller name they gave me wasn't the real seller.

Mike

BJohnston
ass engineer

Post by BJohnston » Sun Dec 12, 2004 6:58 am

I was bidding on a TL Audio VTC 16 channel board and they offerred it to me at my first bid price $1,500. I felt the same way. I was really psyched about the possibility of owning that board for that price. I knew it was too good to be true.

B.

BJohnston
ass engineer

Post by BJohnston » Sun Dec 12, 2004 7:01 am

I was bidding on a TL Audio VTC 16 channel board and they offerred it to me at my first bid price $1,500. I felt the same way. I was really psyched about the possibility of owning that board for that price. I knew it was too good to be true.

B.

goldenechos
gettin' sounds

Post by goldenechos » Sun Dec 12, 2004 9:12 am

BJohnston wrote:I was bidding on a TL Audio VTC 16 channel board and they offerred it to me at my first bid price $1,500. I felt the same way. I was really psyched about the possibility of owning that board for that price. I knew it was too good to be true.

B.
YEH, that makes two of us. I am not sure why, but any time people over seas start talking about "send a Western Union..." direct money wire transfer instant $$$ something or other, I lose all interest. SCAM.

That VTC console was such a scam auction. No photos. The Ebay seller is no longer a registered user.

tony echos

BJohnston
ass engineer

Post by BJohnston » Sun Dec 12, 2004 11:36 am

I noticed that they were no longer registered. I've also noticed some other suspicious gear up on Ebay right now from London.
Have you ever used, or know of anyone using soundbroker.com? Just wondering if they are a logit company. They have tons of stuff. Some of it for really decent prices.

B.

goldenechos
gettin' sounds

Post by goldenechos » Sun Dec 12, 2004 11:52 am

BJohnston wrote:I noticed that they were no longer registered. I've also noticed some other suspicious gear up on Ebay right now from London.
Have you ever used, or know of anyone using soundbroker.com? Just wondering if they are a logit company. They have tons of stuff. Some of it for really decent prices.

B.
checking soundbroker.com out right now, thanx for the link. vintageking in michigan has ok prices as well, check 'em out. I have never dealt with them, but I have been browsing the site alot lately.

tony echos

BJohnston
ass engineer

Post by BJohnston » Sun Dec 12, 2004 5:12 pm

Tony,
If you get a chance check out www.geeknoize.com. They have a ton of cool links. Go to the Used & Vintage link that'll take you to bunch of dealers you might not have ever known existed. At least none that I knew of. I think you'll dig it.

B.