Roberts Tube Reel to Reel FREE (already claimed)

goldenechos
gettin' sounds

Roberts Tube Reel to Reel FREE (already claimed)

Post by goldenechos » Fri Jan 07, 2005 1:41 pm

Somebody got this already!!!

Now that analog tape is DEAD!!! I MUST PART with my beloved Roberts Reel to Reel. It just kills me that I will never get to bask in the vintage analog splendor of this fine tape machine. It does not work. The transport is fine but the heads look like something from an archeological dig. Not that there is any tape to pull across them anyhow...
I suppose somebody could make some line amps? a warm front-end for protools!
I already got a warm frontend right now, and it has nothing to do with digidesign. Might have something to do with rock?n?roll though.

I pulled the tubes out (EF86, 6BQ5 etc...). If you want what is left of this machine, it will be sitting in front of my apartment building in Prospect Heights. Just mail me and let me know when you will be stopping by, and I will make sure it gtes out there (even if I have to kick it a little).

tony echos
Last edited by goldenechos on Sun Jan 09, 2005 8:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

JASIII
george martin

Re: Roberts Tube Reel to Reel for FREE

Post by JASIII » Fri Jan 07, 2005 2:07 pm

Little premature, dontcha' think? All these doom and gloomers.....
"If you will starve unless you become a rock star, then you have bigger problems than whether or not you are a rock star. " - Steve Albini

goldenechos
gettin' sounds

Re: Roberts Tube Reel to Reel FREE (already claimed)

Post by goldenechos » Sun Jan 09, 2005 8:25 am

I was being sarcastic... the roberts was doomed from the the moment UPS set their hands on it!