gear buffet (UPDATED)

buddy holly
takin' a dinner break

gear buffet (UPDATED)

Post by buddy holly » Thu Jan 27, 2005 9:07 pm

Cleaning House: (Updated 2/15/05)

***i will SOON be adding some more items very soon (preview: Tascam TSR8 for repair and manual, 1/2" 456, Lafayette tube preamp and various oddities, parting out old tube oscilloscope, Yamaha CS-5 (Korg/minimoog-type synth), 8-channel trs-rca snake, Teisco and other guitars, marlboro guitar amp, audio tubes, Radial JDI MK3 Duplex (4), more...)

no-one needs a new set of wheels???

-set of 12", 13", and 16" 1967 Ludwig Ringo drums (bowling ball swirl, needs bass drum, obviously). In very good shape with shiny chrome. Floor tom has unoriginal legs and original leg mounts were reamed slightly to fit. I'd hate to break these up (they've stayed together 40 years). $325 for the set plus shipping.

-70's Ludwig Acrolite snare (8 lugs, 14"). in good shape. like this one:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 97859&rd=1 $60 + shipping

-Studio Projects B1 LDC (like new) with mount, pouch, windscreen, and original packaging. Will include a miniature c-clamp to augment the poorly designed mount (no extra charge!). SOLD

-Peavey Classic 4x10 tube (2 6L6) guitar amplifier (not working, so is essentially a 4x10 cab). It worked fine until i decided to spray contact cleaner in all the pots. turned it back on and everything lit up, but no output, just hisssssss. some jackass spraypainted the tolex black and oversprayed the faceplate and grill cloth. great candidate for recovering and new grill cloth (i can do that for you!). $150 + shipping

-Matched Pair of Svetlana 6550 WA Tubes. New. Installed for about 5 minutes to test them. In original packaging. $30 shipped

-Casio SK-1 sampling keyboard. Good shape. has the note stickers on the keys. all functions ok. SOLD

-Casio SK-5 sampling keyboard. Beefed up SK1. Good shape. on/off slider cap in missing, but still functions. SOLD

-Yamaha VSS-30 sampling keyboard. Super cool sampling keyboard with more editing features than the sk's (echo, vibrato, reverse, forward-reverse, fuzz, envelope, modulate, etc). works great. think beercan by beck..."i'm sad, and unhappy...yppah dna ,das m'i". looks like this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... eName=WDVW $85 shipped

-Wurlitzer 200a electronic piano (good shape cosmetically and mechanically but needs some electronics work). Power light comes on, but no sound. I connected the RCA cable from the pickups to the electronics of my working wurly and it sounded great. nothing horribly off tuning wise. the first key has a broken (damper?) and rings with no mute when played. you could probably glue that back together. Hinges on lid are missing or broken. cosmetically in good shape. I was going to part this out but I know I would hate myself for it. no legs, music stand, vol/vib knobs. SOLD

-Maestro electronic piano. same type of design as the wurlie 206, sounds more chimey and bell-like. good shape cosmetically and mechanically but may also need some electronics work (it's not very loud, but that may be how it came?). has aux and headphone outs. I play it through my super reverb and it sounds nice. SOLD(shipping would be tough on this one, but if you are willing then i am too.)

-crown 150a power amp (blows fuses like mad) SOLD

-50's/60's Webster Tube Mono R2R (super cool & beautiful condition, has a pitch problem but plays and records). really need to see pics of this one. $20 + shipping

- 3-Wheel Tandem (for 2) tricycle (baby blue, good shape with cargo basket on back). rule your neighborhood. $100 (you better pick this one up, or better yet, take the bus and then ride this hog home.)

I also restore (refret, plane neck, set up, etc) old guitars as a hobby. I specialize in turning crappy 60s japanese assembly line guitars into players.

I'll have more stuff up in the near future!

PM me if you need more info or pics of any of these. I'll accept paypal or money orders.

I am open to trades and other offers. feel free to get creative. I am looking for higher end mics and preamps, but am interested in hearing what you have. also, feel free to pick this stuff up. i may be able to meet you if you are close to birmingham.

Check my EBAY Feedback: theevilmonster ( http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.d ... =-1&de=off )

--BH
Last edited by buddy holly on Tue Feb 15, 2005 6:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Recording Engineer
steve albini likes it

Re: gear buffet

Post by Recording Engineer » Fri Jan 28, 2005 12:03 am

Please check your PMs.

buddy holly
takin' a dinner break

Post by buddy holly » Sat Jan 29, 2005 6:12 pm

Wurlitzer, SK1 sold pending payment.

CaseyTron 2.0
audio school

Post by CaseyTron 2.0 » Sun Jan 30, 2005 1:44 pm

Have you ever tried to fix the crown? It is just what I am looking for so I'll take it and try to fix it. Consider it sold. Where do you want me to send the money?

Thanks

Casey
(vintagedork)
Mark Twain to Thomas Jefferson, strike.

buddy holly
takin' a dinner break

Re: gear buffet (UPDATED)

Post by buddy holly » Tue Feb 15, 2005 6:09 pm

crown sold
wurlitzer sold
sk1 sold
sk5 sold
b1 sold
maestro piano sold

all else is either available or not quite a done deal yet. Feel free to make creative offers.

--bh

cgarges
zen recordist

Post by cgarges » Tue Feb 15, 2005 9:15 pm

$60 for a 70s Acrolyte! Holy crap! Somebody needs to buy that thing before I do. That's a good deal!

Chris Garges
Charlotte, NC

buddy holly
takin' a dinner break

Post by buddy holly » Wed Feb 16, 2005 4:53 am

cgarges wrote:$60 for a 70s Acrolyte! Holy crap! Somebody needs to buy that thing before I do. That's a good deal!

Chris Garges
Charlotte, NC
chris,
did you look at the ebay link? that IS an acrolyte/acrolite isn't it? i always thought that was what they were called. i hope i'm not misleading someone. it is the same snare as the one in the link.

--bh

cgarges
zen recordist

Post by cgarges » Wed Feb 16, 2005 10:53 am

Yep, that is indeed an Acrolyte.

Chris Garges
Charlotte, NC