Studer A820 1/4 for sale

culture2
gimme a little kick & snare

Studer A820 1/4 for sale

Post by culture2 » Tue Feb 01, 2005 7:43 am

I have a Studer A820 1/4 in. for sale. I purchased two of the units awhile back and I only need one. The place I purchased these units from had only used them about 5 or 6 times a piece and put them in storage. They where bought brand new from the place in 1985, put in storage the same year and have been there since. These units were only used for playback from what i have been told and never recorded on. Since the units sat for so long there are some problems. Both have problems, I am only selling one and both are just alike. The unit I am selling will power up, but that is about all. The trasnport control lights do not work,, I believe there is a bad fuse or the LEDS have gone bad. But that is my opinion, I have had no one look at the machine. Also the unit will not play or record. I have talked to some studer techs and they said since the units sat so long that probaly the rubber has dried out and the unit just need a good cleaning. Neither units works properly. I will not claim to know what is wrong since I have never worked on these machines and I am just going off what I have been told. The unit also has all of the cards and two dolby pro logic expansion units. I will either sell the unit or trade off. I have talked with various people around and they say the unit is worth 5,000 in the condition it is in. That is what i am selling the unit for. I would consider a trade for a good console, or some nice mic pre's, also a good vocal mic would be nice. I own my studio and I am trying to build it up. So if anyone would be interested in buying or trading some equipment feel free to ask any questions that you may have. I am sorry I don't know more about the condition of the unit but, I have told you all that I know. I would like to find the unit a good home, and they sound remarkeable. I am located about 30 min from charlotte NC. Thanks

Phil

prince turbo lung
pushin' record

Re: Studer A820 1/4 for sale

Post by prince turbo lung » Tue Feb 01, 2005 9:04 am

i was interested but $5000 for a 1/4" deck that does not work? pm if you come down in price.
its on like donkey kong!!!!

culture2
gimme a little kick & snare

Re: Studer A820 1/4 for sale

Post by culture2 » Tue Feb 01, 2005 10:49 am

Sorry about the price. Just after months of talking with the surrounding studios and there engineers they said, if they had the unit in there studio in the same condition and were to sell it, they would take no less than $5,000. I am definatly open to any trades as well. If that is an option for you.