<sigh> Tascam 38 rack ears WTD

fear of texas
gettin' sounds

<sigh> Tascam 38 rack ears WTD

Post by fear of texas » Wed May 07, 2003 9:08 am

so even though this has never been answered, i'm gonna post it again. i need some damn rack ears for a tascam 38. please. for real. i'm not kidding. if you have made some rack ears...where do you mount them to the case at? anyone? anyone? anyone? bueller?

SLiM BiLT
ass engineer

Re: <sigh> Tascam 38 rack ears WTD

Post by SLiM BiLT » Sat May 10, 2003 10:47 am

I made some rack ears for my TSR-8 out of this aluminum material I got at a hardware store. I think it is the stuff used in framing roofs of houses or something. It is about 1/16" thick, is right angled with about 2" of material on each side, and comes in lengths of about five feet. It is also predrilled with holes about every 1/2".

As for mounting, there should be three or four screws on the side of the deck about an inch in from the front. That is where you attach the ears. On the TSR-8 there is a plastic cover that you remove from the sides when rack mounting it. Don't know if this is true for the 38.

I found that not all the predrilled holes would line up perfectly with either the deck or the rack, but the aluminum is soft enough that you can correct the holes with a round file.

Hope this helps. (Anyone know the proper term for this aluminum stuff?)

Al

markpar
george martin

Post by markpar » Sat May 10, 2003 5:48 pm

SLiM BiLT wrote:Hope this helps. (Anyone know the proper term for this aluminum stuff?)
Roof flashing?

-mark

soundguy
ghost haunting audio students

Post by soundguy » Sat May 10, 2003 6:04 pm

redco can make rack ears for you if you send them the specs you need.

www.redco.com

dave