I need studio space in Los Angeles

soundguy
ghost haunting audio students

I need studio space in Los Angeles

Post by soundguy » Wed May 07, 2003 1:33 pm

Im moving my studio to LA and am trying to find a place to put it. If anyone knows of any studios leasing space, please drop me a line.

thanks

dave

biasvoltage
steve albini likes it

Re: I need studio space in Los Angeles

Post by biasvoltage » Wed May 07, 2003 2:05 pm

Theres a place just on the cusp of downtown that used to be called Gospel Recordings. The Gospel Recordings sign came down a while ago, but I don't see a for lease sign up. Might be worth looking into. I remember a couple of months ago driving up Van Nuys blvd, near the 101, and seeing "recording studio for rent" spray painted on a storefront. I'll drive home that way and see if it's still there tonight.

xonlocust
tinnitus

Post by xonlocust » Thu May 08, 2003 12:36 pm

dave- moving to LA!!?? say it ain't so! i'd love to be a fly on the wall watching your east coast personality jibe with the locals!!! hahaha, best of luck!!
-nick

soundguy
ghost haunting audio students

Post by soundguy » Thu May 08, 2003 1:54 pm

the locals love me.

I dont think I could deal with downtown, ideally I'd like to find something on the west side, but Im not holding my breath on that one. It looks like this is turning into a fall move, so I have a little bit of time over the summer to figure this out.

dave

biasvoltage
steve albini likes it

Post by biasvoltage » Mon May 12, 2003 12:39 pm

The space I saw in the valley is no longer available. You might want to try calling Swinghouse Rehearsal studios. They recently moved out of their old location on Highland, and that building is looking pretty emtpy these days, and they might know if it's available.

smoothmoniker
audio school

Post by smoothmoniker » Wed May 28, 2003 1:03 am

best of luck. For as crappy as the industry scene is right now, there seems to be no end of studios crammed into every treated room.

There are a few rooms in the east end of the valley, if you're looking that far "out of town".

You may want to check with Steve Klein. He's usually got a pulse on what places are vacating. You can catch him through www.soundcontrolroom.com

-sm