Music Studio Work

bsd
audio school

Music Studio Work

Post by bsd » Tue Mar 02, 2004 9:17 am

Dear All;
Do you have an openning in Music Studio work through an entry level position in ?record engineering,? ?mixing,? ?producing,? ?mastering,? or other related work.. Starting as a helper or assistant would be fine.

I would like to learn what I can in all of these areas. I can use what I learn for my own music recording projects so I have a vested interest in doing my best for you. You will see below what personal experience that I have in digital home recording and the resources that I have read for doing home studio recordings. Much of this applies to traditional studio work. I can relocate if you want a full-time permanent employee. I can also do this full or part-time from my own home studio on an employee or contract basis. I require regular day-time hours if I work full time though I am willing to put in extra time to get projects done for you.

Involved in music a long time, including: performing, vocals, lyrics, setting lyrics to music, arranging the music of others, and adding new musical and rhythm parts to build upon existing home computer recordings. The latter includes, recording electric guitar, vocals, and drum machine through a mixer and converter into Cubase SX. Acquainted with or have used many outboard and inboard processes and effects. Researched recording equipment and have studied books written within the last few years on music recording, editing, production, mixing, use of processes & effects, mastering, and more; especially those concerning personal computer systems based on the Windows 2000 operating system. Edited and mixed some music. Concentrated on maximizing the digital portions of the entire process with out neglecting getting the best and cleanest signal into the converter. Also, among other things, aware of microphone selection and placement, acoustic considerations, use of DI boxes, preamps, outboard (and inboard) mixers, patch bays, monitors, dynamic and ribbon and condenser microphones (and their placement, use, and other considerations like which ones to use for which circumstances with an emphasis for trying to keep the sound as clean and neutral as possible for most recording and mixing purposes), AD/DA converters, appropriate wiring between equipment with concern for matching impedance, how to lay cables and cords to avoid creating hum and other problems like ground loops. Also using power backup units, power conditioning units, monitors, computer software and hardware configuration for optimal music performance, using assorted speakers of different qualities to see how a mix or a master sounds through less than optimal speakers and conditions (especially the worst ones) before committing to a particular mix or master, and the need to frequently tune and intone and even re-string instruments. Have had some hands-on experience with some of these things in a home studio set-up. Also aware of how different artists, engineers, producers, and others have different ways of doing things and thus to be flexible to those whom I am accountable to. Willing to then learn however you want a job to be done and then do it that way. I have read some related magazines and the following books.

Derry, Roger. PC Audio Editing: From Broadcast to Home CD. Boston: Focal, 2000.

Haines, Russ. Digital Audio. Scottsdale: Coriolis, 2001.

Hawkins, Erik. Studio-in-a-Box: The New Era of Computer Recording Technology. Vallejo: EM, 2002.

Maguire, James; Louderback, Jim. Secrets Of The Digital Studio: Insider?s Guide To Desktop Recording. Indianapolis: Que, 2002.

Menasche, Emile D.. The Desktop Studio: A Guide to Computer-Based Audio Production. Milwaukee: Leonard, 2002.

Milstead, Ben. Home Recording Power. Cincinnati: Lipman, 2001.

White, Paul. Home recording Made Easy: Professional Recordings on a Demo Budget. 2nd ed. Bodmin: MPG, 2001.

Thank you;

Ben Drozdowicz
bsd379@yahoo.com
Ben Drozdowicz
Note that I am only able to go online about once a week; usually Saturdays.

brew
pushin' record

Re: Music Studio Work

Post by brew » Tue Mar 02, 2004 11:16 am

Bro, you need a resume, not a paragraph list. That's a headache to read...would you want to read that? No studio owner would either.