Can you record Classical?

firemaplegirl
audio school

Can you record Classical?

Post by firemaplegirl » Sun Jun 15, 2003 11:23 pm

Hi one of my friends is looking for engineers in the Portland, OR area experienced in recording classical music, especially solo violin. Any leads? Thanks,
Kristin

sigrant
ass engineer

Re: Can you record Classical?

Post by sigrant » Mon Jun 16, 2003 4:51 pm

I'm a few hours away, (Seattle), but I have the experience. In fact- I'm doing a viola session next week. There are also many other pruducer/engineers up here who regularly record such instruments. If interested- send me an email or PM. Good luck- sg

Piotr
tinnitus

Post by Piotr » Mon Jun 23, 2003 11:54 pm

I would be happy to help you. I have a great selection of microphones and mic pres that would make your project shine. Feel free to check out my website, and/or give me a call. I do location work, no problem!
Yours,

Piotr

piotr@thebarkmarket.com

----------------------
Id quod visum plocet

Thomas Aquinas

Professor
ghost haunting audio students

Post by Professor » Mon Jul 07, 2003 12:03 pm

And if neither of those work out, I can help your friend as well. I've done quite a lot of classical recording, both live and session work - it is kind of my specialty. I currently am working at Washington State Univ. in Pullman, as the recording engineer for the School of Music. Your friend can record out here in our studio with the tremendous Fazioli 9' concert grand as accompaniment, or I can do location work as well.
Certainly Walnut is closer, and this post is a bit older, but if you are still looking, feel free to write or call.

-Jeremy Krug
MusicalAlchemy@hotmail.com
(509) 335-8782

Davin
audio school graduate

Post by Davin » Thu Nov 18, 2004 12:22 am

I have mostly recorded classical guitar, but could record any instrument. I have a mobile Pro Tools rig. I charge $15 an hour with a minimum $50.
mekkahmovies@yahoo.com