Need engineer/arranger to take over songwriter's album

JGriffin
zen recordist

Need engineer/arranger to take over songwriter's album

Post by JGriffin » Sun Mar 28, 2004 5:44 pm

hey, folks. I hope someone here can help me out. A singer/songwriter called me (recommended by a mutual friend) to finish the pre-production and eventual production of her CD. It's about ten tunes, I think. She had been working with another arranger and felt she was being overcharged and so parted ways with him and called me. I am, quite simply, completely overbooked and can't take her on as a client. I referred her to a friend but that didn't work out for some reason and she called me again today asking me to take her project. I believe this is her first project, so there may be a fair amount of hand-holding. Is there someone here who:

--is in the Chicago area
--has good musical arrangement chops
--can do sequencing and/or play multiple instruments
--wants to work with a moderately inexperienced singer/songwriter on developing her stuff.

Her aim for this part of the project is to assemble demos to give to a group of musicians that she'll hire later to record the full album (she did not want to hire musicians at the demo stage so you'll be doing all the playing yourself--she plays guitar but not much else). The stuff she played for me sounds pretty nice: fretless bass, acoustic guitars, drum loops, some synthesized strings etc. PM me if you're interested. thanks!

Joe
"Jeweller, you've failed. Jeweller."

"Lots of people are nostalgic for analog. I suspect they're people who never had to work with it." ? Brian Eno

All the DWLB music is at http://dwlb.bandcamp.com/

mfedderman
pushin' record

Re: Need engineer/arranger to take over songwriter's album

Post by mfedderman » Tue Mar 30, 2004 7:17 am

Hey Joe,

I PMed you! I am very interested!

-Matt Feddermann
Phase Recording Studios
Highland Park, IL
http://www.phaserecordingstudios.com
"The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left over by those who got there first!"

ericblam
pluggin' in mics

Post by ericblam » Tue Mar 30, 2004 9:35 am

check out these guys.....

www.callthecow.com

super cool and great prices.

eric@blam

mikehari
audio school

Post by mikehari » Fri Nov 26, 2004 8:01 pm

I'm definately interested. Not much of an instramentalist, but have a very good network of amazing musicains of all kinds. I'm an associate producer/engineer at Gravity Studios. Would love to get a CD of anything that has already been recorded to see if I'm the right guy for the job. Thanks, Mike

JGriffin
zen recordist

Post by JGriffin » Fri Nov 26, 2004 10:29 pm

UPDATE:

thanks to all who posted/PM'd. I passed on all your contact info to my (former) client, who has since gotten someone to work on her CD. It may be one of you guys even--she hasn't told me. If it is one of you, congrats and have fun!

Joe
"Jeweller, you've failed. Jeweller."

"Lots of people are nostalgic for analog. I suspect they're people who never had to work with it." ? Brian Eno

All the DWLB music is at http://dwlb.bandcamp.com/