Looking to intern/AE in Eagle Rock, Pasadena, etc.

seb
audio school

Looking to intern/AE in Eagle Rock, Pasadena, etc.

Post by seb » Wed Apr 07, 2004 3:19 pm

Hi. My name's Seb, and I'm looking to find an intern position. I live in Claremont, CA, which is 40 miles east of LA proper, and am willing to travel a considerable distance in any direction (west generally prefered; practice space is in Eagle Rock) to assistant engineer, generally help out however, and learn as much as I can. I've been toying around for years and years, have twelve years of musical training including two of college-level theory and a semester of "electronic music studio" at Pomona College, and, if it means anything, my band made a record at Tiny Telephone in SF this last summer. Sure, I'd love to be paid, but I know it doesn't work that way. I'm accessible via email (sbailey@pitzer.edu and/or seb@divisionday.com) if you think I can be of aid.

Thanks,
Seb

kingborax
audio school

Re: Looking to intern/AE in Eagle Rock, Pasadena, etc.

Post by kingborax » Thu Apr 08, 2004 12:41 pm

Hey Seb.

While I have no internship position to offer, I am intrigued about your band etc.

I couldn't help but notice you are a Pitzer student. My brother and all my friends attended or still do attend Pitzer. In some silly way I feel like I have a good idea about where you are coming from. I go to Occidental College (I'm graduating this spring) and I live in Eagle Rock. Do you practice at Ship collective rehearsal space? I'm also looking to find a neat little local space to intern and get experience etc.

My band, My Sexual Dad is playing out a lot (same deal; waiting for college to end....) ...A small group of my friends are starting a label...we are releasing small runs of vinyl and a monthly tape (yes, tape)...If you send me you address, I will sign you up...

Basically, I am interested in what you find around Eagle Rock etc, ..

-Joel Black
kingborax@sonsofskidoo.com

seb
audio school

Re: Looking to intern/AE in Eagle Rock, Pasadena, etc.

Post by seb » Mon Aug 30, 2004 9:36 pm

Hi. Still looking for work. I don't care if it's as far west as Santa Monica, I don't care if it's tracking, mixing, or mastering, or picking up chocolate muffins, I just want to work.